Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

6X Blu-ray review!

Micro-Chrome 6x mini purple/violet!

Appearance/Feel
Feels heavy and sturdy in my hand, focusing head is really steady!

Features
Has an all chrome body, easily focusable head and a glass lens! Uses one 10440 rechargeable battery, GGW-H20L running at 190ma.:beer:

Beam/Dot
The dot is an oval when unfocused when focused turns into a dot of death! Beam is visible in a low light room!

Abilities
Can pop a balloon instantly, lights matches instantly,burns leather and other dark/black objects on contact.

Pros
Great laser for burning
Visible beam at night or in a dim room
Gorgeous chrome body
Good battery life
Rock solid focusing

Cons
Small artifacts around the dot.

Overall
This laser is an awesome laser with an amazing host!

100_2185.jpg

100_2178.jpg

Tell me what you think of my review in a comment!:beer:

great review--+rep from me--where did you get it and how much$ also- ?duty/rest cycle??-len

well the laser just died:cryyy: I have no idea what happened the dot got bright and then dimmed to nothing!?!? I was supposed to use this for my science fair project. I obeyed the duty cycle of 25 seconds and a minute or a few off. I also checked the batteries and they are fine.

Dang-that sucks--is it returnable??-that should not happen to anybody--

I know it sounds crazy but im really sick to my stomach because my science fair project is 60% of my grade and im screwed if I dont get this done!

Last edited:
Monday is when its due im supposed to do all the testing tomorrow but this could ruin all of it! also my teacher is a hard ass and will probably tell me well good luck!~:can:

Monday is when its due im supposed to do all the testing tomorrow but this could ruin all of it! also my teacher is a hard ass and will probably tell me well good luck!~:can:

Hmm this really sucks man! I am sorry :/ Rpaloalto is a good member, Im sure he will make things right!

I'm very sorry this happened to you I built the laser back in December and have had no problems with it. Maybe something happened during shipping or like all diodes, it just decide it's time has come.

regardless of what happened or how it happened. I will take care of it.
flaminpyro lives in the same state as you. I will pay him to fix it for you.

Again I'm very sorry this has happened. It's too bad this happened on my first sale to any LPF member ever:(

unfortuatly it happens, ive had 2 6X's go out on me almost back to back, both with no apparent reason, after the 2nd one blew i upgraded to an 8X, upgraded the power too:eg:
now im in the process of building a new 6X, just something to keep around, and impress friends with, without scaring them.