Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

6W laser build?

How do people like styropyro on his Youtube channel build such a monster?
I'm just curious, not really intending to build it.
This thread might become a real tutorial if anyone's willing.
:thanks:

rhd

3 new threads in one morning? 5 over two days? And you're a brand new member?

You need to start doing some searches before starting new threads about topics that are thoroughly canvassed in multiple threads already. This is a surefire recipe for accumulating a negative reputation and just generally kicking things off to a bad start in this community.

I did some research and I can't seem to find anything that says how to make a 6W laser pointer.
And well, you could say that I'm a newbie, as compared to 7000+ posts in your log, I'm really new.
If there is any links to how to make a 6W laser, please link me to it. Thanks rhd!:thanks:
+Rep for expertness.

upaa27

There are a number of ways to combine beams. For 6w you only need to combine 2 ndb7875s so just use a polarizing beam splitter. Use a 1/2 waveplate to change the polarization of diode 1(the first beam that enters) so that the polarization is perpendicular with diode 2. Use a 90 degree mirror to reflect diode 2's beam into the pbs from the side.

You guys are awesome! +3s all around:beer:
Especially upa227. Always a kind word for a non-expert like me.:thanks:
alright I'll check it out.
Thanks again!

rhd

I did some research and I can't seem to find anything that says how to make a 6W laser pointer.
And well, you could say that I'm a newbie, as compared to 7000+ posts in your log, I'm really new.
If there is any links to how to make a 6W laser, please link me to it. Thanks rhd!:thanks:
+Rep for expertness.

You did?

Because a very simple search would have revealed a thread by StyroPyro, titled "My 6W 445nm laser", where he tells you exactly what's inside of the laser you were asking about....
http://laserpointerforums.com/f48/my-6w-445nm-laser-89569.html

Last edited:
one
two
three

There is a whole section on these forums dedicated to 445nm lasers...Also there's a search bar at the bottom of the page that searches this site exclusively. This is what we tell basically every newbie that comes here asking for stuff- learn how to search and use your eyes. The answer to basically any question you have to ask can be found with a little effort.

Yea, I saw the video, that's why I know about the laser sword.
I just didn't know how to put it together and stuff like that.
Plus all that jargon (NDB7A75 laser diode?!) makes me dizzy. Still a noobie.
Anyway thanks rhd!

@crazyspaz:
Yea, I know about the search bar. And I have seen those websites. But not the Adegan Relic, it's a 5.5 W (though yes, it is crazily powerful enough:yh:)
Same thing as to rhd, I'm a noobie who doesn't know much technical jargon.
angel breath?!:bowdown: cool!
Thanks for bothering to search for all those links. +Rep to y'all!

One disappointment about combining two NDB7A75 is the power increases but the wavelength stays the same maintaining the 445 slight purple hue. Not to say that the beam isn't bright, because it for damn sure is. I'm not the first to notice this either. Something interesting would be to combine a blue NDB7A75 and a 1W green NDG7475. Correct the divergence of both and you'd have a spectacular laser.
I don't have the bank roll for that tho :'(

upaa27

One disappointment about combining two NDB7A75 is the power increases but the wavelength stays the same maintaining the 445 slight purple hue. Not to say that the beam isn't bright, because it for damn sure is. I'm not the first to notice this either. Something interesting would be to combine a blue NDB7A75 and a 1W green NDG7475. Correct the divergence of both and you'd have a spectacular laser.
I don't have the bank roll for that tho :'(

That would be pretty cool. A bluish green laser? Sweet! I you really want teh powah them combine 2 ndb7a75s the knife edge one more and bam! Over 10w. Good luck on your research NRG! :)

Last edited:
Just saying, but 6W laser sword from styropyro seems aquamarine. Maybe it's the camera.:whistle:
Thanks for the kind words from all of you!:tinfoil:

rhd

Looking at your signature, you would do well to remove this nonsense about "plane crash attempters" followed by an animated icon of a machine gun. We take that kind of stuff very seriously around here, and even if you're being silly and are not trying to promote irresponsible laser use (I don't think you are), this isn't something we joke about. It shows your lack of maturity if you do.

Another unspoken rule is that you do not solicit +rep. I've seen people give others -rep because they solicited +rep. The rep system is stupid, most of us hate it, but there's still some etiquette to be observed, and I would say that the principle of not asking for rep is fundamental. I once joked about wanting good "karma", without realizing that karma in other forums meant "rep". When I found out about the synonymity, I felt dirty.

Last edited:
rhd, you did not get the point of the proverb. I meant that 'bread' is to be replaced by giving reputation to people. I am not asking for reputation points. Sorry if you think so. I you think I should delete the proverb to prevent misunderstandings, I will do so. Just PM me. Thank you for being kind.:thanks:

And I will delete the machine gun, rhd. Thanks for informing. still a noobie after all.:D