Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

6v or 7.4v Spartan Series 400mw ?

Hey, I just got my laser, and I've noticed that it doesn't burn $#%@ like other lasers. I've noticed that the beam diameter is like a whole centimeter though
The thing is that Dragonlasers says the thing takes 2 CR123A Lithium batteries, but it doesn't say its working voltage. Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Blord

CR123A Lithium batteries are 3V. You need also focus the laser dot to a small point in order to burn things.

Beam diameter at the aperture cannot be 1cm.

Possible that something is off with the lens so it's not focused to infinity. If that's the case you will need to send the laser back.

Batteries to use for the spartan need to be 3.0V.

CR123A Lithium batteries are 3V. You need also focus the laser dot to a small point in order to burn things.

Spartan is focusable.

Last edited:
RE: 1cm
Keep in mind that it is a 447nm laser, even though the beam has been colminated into a circular pattern. Just thought this might be normal, but thank you for your opinion if it's broken

1cm at aperture is very strange... especially with optics involved.

IMO the spartans are a ripoff. If you can, return it, and grab a good laser here on the forum... you can probably get 2W+ for the same amount you paid.

lol, I'm in the process of complaining that it's underpowered and I want another. Just to see how far i can get

DL has had mixed reviews... sometimes the service is great, sometimes it sucks. Good luck.