Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

6thD laser company - does anybody have something from them?

Radim

Hi guys,

I have found this company on web long time ago, I have not found any reference on them on LPF. Do you know them? Any experience? What do you think? I'm curious about their portables.

Check it out.

Link to 6thD portable webpage

The prices are extremely high as well as power of these portables...

diachi

4W 532nm Portable - Hah! I'll believe that when I see it...

No pictures of the hosts? No detailed specs... Not sure I'd trust them, especially not with that sort of money.

Radim

4W 532nm Portable - Hah! I'll believe that when I see it...

No pictures of the hosts? No detailed specs... Not sure I'd trust them, especially not with that sort of money.

Yes, I think the same, diachi... :D

BobMc

They do seem to make some outrageous claims. Would be real nice if they were true. But something seems a bit "ify". :thinking:

Their facebook page seems to be mainly laser shows/projectors.

Aaaaaand they claim 4W 532nm and 18W 445????? Yeah no:crackup:

Unless they're cubing diodes?

diachi

Their facebook page seems to be mainly laser shows/projectors.

Aaaaaand they claim 4W 532nm and 18W 445????? Yeah no:crackup:

Unless they're cubing diodes?

Diodes in lasers work with the values ​​recommended by the manufacturer , high performance is achieved by combining multiple diodes.

It's really the only way to achieve some of the stated power levels... I might e-mail and ask for pictures.

Edit: E-mailed, asked for pictures and more detailed specs.

Last edited:
Not a very professional website. English is poor, though they claim their lasers are not Chinese. I wouldn't waste any more time on this.

diachi

Not a very professional website. English is poor, though they claim their lasers are not Chinese. I wouldn't waste any more time on this.

They are based out of the EU by the look of things, English doesn't seem to be their first language. I think they are Czech.

Radim

They are based out of the EU by the look of things, English doesn't seem to be their first language. I think they are Czech.

Nope. They are in the EU, as Czech republic is in the EU, just with CZK as national currency. I have mixed feelings from them. They claim long history and experience in lasers - projectors. And their portables seems to be something special, but nobody has seen them yet. Their marketing is terrible. I think it is not scam company based on projectors business as a core, but in field of portables at these prices, specs and considering poor marketing (lack of english especially) I think they have not sold any yet. Simply because Czech republic is quite small country, if we include Slovakia to their market as well - still not enough. That's why I'm curious.

Last edited:
Nope. They are in the EU, as Czech republic is in the EU, just with CZK as national currency. I have mixed feelings from them. They claim long history and experience in lasers - projectors. And their portables seems to be something special, but nobody has seen them yet. Their marketing is terrible. I think it is not scam company based on projectors business as a core, but in field of portables at these prices, specs and considering poor marketing (lack of english especially) I think they have not sold any yet. Simply because Czech republic is quite small country, if we include Slovakia to their market as well - still not enough. That's why I'm curious.

See if the folks at Photonlexicon know.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
On their laser modules page, they offer a 70W 445nm. :wtf:

Last edited:

Radim

See if the folks at Photonlexicon know.

If I search 6thD - no results. They seem to be small local company that noone in the world heared about. Anyway thanks for the tip.

Last edited:

diachi

On their laser modules page, they offer a 70W 445nm. :wtf:

Two banks of 5x NUBM44s knife edged then PBS'd or something along those lines probably? They could use more LDs at a lower power each... Beam specs would be uhh ... interesting!

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Two banks of 5x NUBM44s knife edged then PBS'd or something along those lines probably? They could use more LDs at a lower power each... Beam specs would be uhh ... interesting!

Probably right there Diachi. Umm, lets just leave the beams specs at interesting shall we. :whistle:

Last edited:

Encap

Are they members of ILDA - International Laser Display Association?
See: Home | International Laser Display Association

If not they are not members then they are not a part of the real world of light shows and lasers. They might make some OK but expensive equipment but are probably quite small as a business.

Is interesting on every page they push a link to a beauty and photograpy business called Beauty.6thD -- Svatební fotograf Plze?

Why would anyone buy anything from them?

Last edited:

Radim

Are they members of ILDA - International Laser Display Association?
See: Home | International Laser Display Association

Is interesting on every page they push a link to a photograpy Business called Beauty.6thD -- Svatební fotograf Plze?

WHy would anyone buy anything from them?

Yes, this is quite funny. :D

_________

Ok, guys, I think I got the answer - thank you for your opinions.

To summarize it all:

1) They have no references
2) They sell (really?) unbelivable portable lasers for incredibly high prices that most likely noone on this forum heard about (well, if noone on this forum heard about anything the chances it does not exist are pretty high IMO)
3) Their webpage and promotion is just very suspictious to believe them as serious laser seller

No way. If they have reasonable prices even for lower power they might get on the market as someone might be willing to take a risk and get something for a review on LPF (maybe they would even send the laser for free to trusted member of LPF in exchange for review here), but it is not that case. Better to stay with trusted companies as not all china lasers are bad. :D

Case closed.

Last edited: