Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

660nm to 638nm rebuild

My 660nm laser broke down so i decided to rebuild it into a more powerfull 638nm laser.

link: https://youtu.be/J5Hvonmgfoc

Diode used was a Oclaro 700mw @ 1.14A.
I dont have a LMP but im guessing it puts out about 900mW

I hope you like the video!

Thanks for watching!

PS: The video is blocked in Germany because of copyrighted music :(
Im sorry!

Last edited:

Hi D,
Watching the vid was like i was on a 30 cup coffee kick, a little unorthodox but cool build and it works to funny well done Pal..

Rich:)

I just purchased the mits500 from DTR yesterday so finally I can start that c6 build.
And geez where did you find this song lol!! Cool video though.

Last edited:
I know this is a little off topic, but I got my LPC-840 from esistotem today and it is obviously an LPC-836. I'm pissed because I won it on a bid for $7.19 and now I see they didn't send me the right diode and probably thought I wouldn't notice the difference. It's my first purchase from them and I am not impressed.

I know this is a little off topic, but I got my LPC-840 from esistotem today and it is obviously an LPC-836. I'm pissed because I won it on a bid for $7.19 and now I see they didn't send me the right diode and probably thought I wouldn't notice the difference. It's my first purchase from them and I am not impressed.

Sorry to hear thst Paul,
Definitely message them, they usually reply pretty quickly to my messages

Yeah, I took photos of it and sent a dispute earlier today. I still want the diode I paid for, but might have to settle for a refund. :(

Yeah, I took photos of it and sent a dispute earlier today. I still want the diode I paid for, but might have to settle for a refund. :(

I have an 840 that will be here tomorrow or fri, May send you a pic to verify it for me

Last edited:
It's easy to tell the difference. They both have a Mitsubishi logo on the pin side of the diode, but the 840 is much larger than the 836. If you look them up in a Techood listing, they will show you a comparison.

sucks to hear that! arent the lpc-836 and lpc-840 almost the same? i think is read some thread about the 840 not being much more performant then the 836.

Pman

Cool vid and it works:) Good for you and good for us for the vid. I have built a stupid number of lasers and yet haven't a clue how to do a vid lol.
I'm really curious why bother with either the 836 or 840 when the 826 is already so good. My understanding is the 836 was actually a step backwards from the 826 and the 840 is maybe the same as the 826. Sorry for us hijacking the thread a bit but I'm really curious of what the draw is for an 840 unless it has better heat sinking. I'll have to take a look at one but the rest of you feel free to educate me.
Hmmm, looking at ebay it says 400-500mW. Has anyone actually run one class 4?

Last edited: