Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

650nm 200mW Transformable Red Laser from Lazerer.com

• Thread starter Deleted member 22482
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 22482

Okay - so I got my 200mW Red Laser today and I made a review!

It's my first high powered laser (over 100mW+) but could anyone help me determining what power it is? It looks like my 30mW reds from DealExtreme.

Youtube video:

Review of 200mW red laser - LAZERER.COM - YouTube

And also - could it have with the battery to do? Gonna charge them and see what happens.

And also, a review for my SurvivalLaser goggles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A82NMhvzqog&feature=channel_video_title

Thanks for watching!

Last edited by a moderator:

D

Deleted member 22482

Charge up the battery... these lasers tend to be very stable, but depend a lot on a good battery.

I found mine to peak much higher on a fresh battery.

My battery smells as if its burning when charging or using the battery in the laser. Is it normal for a 18650?

D

Deleted member 22482

No it's certainly not.

Please be very careful with those batteries... sometimes they are crap and can leak or pop.

Did it feel warm/hot when charging.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f53/beware-arctic-battery-explosion-54974.html

It doesn't feel warm, just a little bit, but it's barely so you can feel it.

Now that I rethink, it smells as that chinese cheap plastic smell, you know? And that it's a little bit warm so that the smell goes around..

But the laser did indeed get really strong after charging it for an hour, gonna charge for some more hours.

Will the red LED go green once finished?

It should.

I don't really trust untested chinese chargers though... had some that didn't charge, or charged too much...

D

Deleted member 22482

It should.

I don't really trust untested chinese chargers though... had some that didn't charge, or charged too much...

Okay. I'll let it charge for another 2-3 hours, if it doesn't turn green, I'll just switch it off. I read somewhere that a completely dead 18650 should take 6 hours to recharge, this wasn't completely dead.

Thanks!

I would say usually it takes ~3-5 hours for me to charge my 18650 batteries. 6 hours is definitely for a completely dead battery.

Just make sure you take care while charging... never leave it unattended.

D

Deleted member 22482

I would say usually it takes ~3-5 hours for me to charge my 18650 batteries. 6 hours is definitely for a completely dead battery.

Just make sure you take care while charging... never leave it unattended.

Yeah, I'm going to attend it all the time. Don't want that WL Battery explosion to happen me. It would be so bad.

D

Deleted member 22482

Strangely, even though I charged the battery, and it got a bit stronger, it can't even set things smoking.. I doubt that this is a 200mW red laser.

Am I doing something wrong?

Maybe they give underspecced lasers to people who don't purchase a power guarantee, and a overspecced to the people who purchase a power guarantee?

D

Deleted member 22482

I tried adjusting the focus, it was on infinity, and now it smokes cardboard boxes! Will wait and see if it ignites matches. The focal point.. Thanks for the link blake!