Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

650 mw Chinese RGB laser. Good deal?

Looks very much like the $255 Reke 500RGB- which as shown to be closer to 650mW when the window in front is removed.
The extra cost may be justified IF these are indeed full color as they state instead of seven (ttl) colors and also if the scannerset is really 20KPPS. The Reke comes with 10K but these seem to perform fairly well at 18K.
As far as the I-Show- forget that- its nothing like the better lasershow soft you can get.

sending you an invite to our little PJ social group--

hak

Last edited:
Looks like a regular mediocre laser projector. I'd rather get a Reke500 for that price, and pocket the change.

Assuming you're not just some shill, if you want something better go contact Winni at GoldenStarLighting.com (email goldenstarwinni AT hotmail ) and ask for a price list.

Last edited:
^^^ great advice BB-
Winni is a super company rep.
best deal ATM on Reke500RGB is from Yourlaser.com- offering again free shipping and with present promo code down to ~$255- they may go on sale or there may be a newer and better promo code coming for the holidays.

keoky

Thanks for The info! The Reke does look good, I have some other questions:

Is it illegal to own one in the US?
How big of a room can it be visible from?
How far away do I have to project it from a dance crowd for not to hurt them?

Thanks!

Things

1. Yes it's legal to own in the US, but you will not be able to use it in public.
2. Depends on too many factors to answer, "how long is this piece of string" ;) 500mW is quite visible in fog, it will easily do things like house parties and maybe a bit larger.
3. Once again depends on too many variables, and you really should not go pointing laser projectors at crowds. It is highly frowned upon, and to do it safely and legally, you'd need to go through the variancing process, which is not a simple task at all, especially with cheap imported projectors.

If you want to use it in public, I'd look at buying from someone in the US like X-Laser. Their projectors are a bit more expensive, but they already have the variancing paperwork ready to go I believe.

If it's just to use at private parties etc, then what you do with it is purely your responsibility.

Last edited:
Hey Len what's the promo code this time?

^^^ great advice BB-
Winni is a super company rep.
best deal ATM on Reke500RGB is from Yourlaser.com- offering again free shipping and with present promo code down to ~$255- they may go on sale or there may be a newer and better promo code coming for the holidays.