Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

638nm 700mW oclaro C6

Just wanting to clear up Crazelaser on the laser I purchased from him that was not working. I was doing some tinkering trying to learn and see how he built it as I'm looking to build my own. In the process I loosened some thing with the tail cap and it was not working.

Crazelaser helped me diagnose the issue we bypassed the tail cap with foil and it worked. I stretched the spring and it's working again.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this with the C6 host using an 18650 battery. I like that host and would like to build a couple more wavelengths in that host.

GSS

Its a common issue with alot of hosts.
Glad its figured out...

Last edited:
I have built quite a few lasers in that host.
I've yet to have that issue. Glad you got it figured out..
I stopped building with that host for it had little room for heatsinking. Still have enough parts to build about a dozen of them. Minus drivers

Portland eh? I was born and raised there.. got stuck with temporarily moving to ky cause of the wife.. life hack- never move to ky

BobMc

Glad you got it figured out, and it was a quick any easy fix. The c6 build is a fairly simple one. They have a build video over at Survival Laser you can watch if your interested in trying your hand. Best wishes, enjoy and be safe. :)

Hi,
A C6 with proper sinking can handle a M140 diode set to 1.8A at 2300mW's like this one here..With 2-18350's/G2 lens

Rich:)

Attachments

• IMG_2742.JPG
    IMG_2742.JPG
    224.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_2743.JPG
    IMG_2743.JPG
    289.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2745.JPG
    IMG_2745.JPG
    191.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2746.JPG
    IMG_2746.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
I have built quite a few lasers in that host.
I've yet to have that issue. Glad you got it figured out..
I stopped building with that host for it had little room for heatsinking. Still have enough parts to build about a dozen of them. Minus drivers

Portland eh? I was born and raised there.. got stuck with temporarily moving to ky cause of the wife.. life hack- never move to ky
Ah ok. I like this host mostly for its size and look. It's just a nice little laser. And yeah I feel bad for you man I don't know what it's like in KY but Oregon seemed to be where people are moving to not away from. I wasn't raised in Portland but I've been in Oregon my whole life. I'll take that life hack and not move there. Lol

Glad you got it figured out, and it was a quick any easy fix. The c6 build is a fairly simple one. They have a build video over at Survival Laser you can watch if your interested in trying your hand. Best wishes, enjoy and be safe. :)
It definitely seems to be a simple build when I pulled it apart to look at it. I just need to be a little more careful when doing so.

Hi,
A C6 with proper sinking can handle a M140 diode set to 1.8A at 2300mW's like this one here..With 2-18350's/G2 lens

That's impressive. Does the heatsink you're using have a lip that the top ring holds In or does it just fit nice and snug?

Tbh, the C6 could handle 6 watts of power. The duty cycle might be ten seconds on, forty-five off, but basically any power is possible. The diode can be run without sinking for maybe one second or so.

Reactions: GSS
Tbh, the C6 could handle 6 watts of power. The duty cycle might be ten seconds on, forty-five off, but basically any power is possible. The diode can be run without sinking for maybe one second or so.
well that would be quite a pain to be restricted to such short cycles. Especially when trying to take pictures. But I see what you mean.

Hi,
Yes the sink has a machined stop below the bezel so it tightens down nice and tight against the pill for a good ground to the host. I make all my own sinks and focus adapters therefore i can make the tolerance on spot.

I just remembered I believe it was back in October when I built that one, I think I had to stretch the spring once myself. Nasty little tail switch. The thing was I decided to not use a spring on the contact board and use a blob of solder instead; I could've made the blob a little bigger probably. You could do that yourself it you want, add more solder that is. No harm in doing that as it's just a contact board with no driver to damage there, but you'd have to be careful not to break anything else while threading the pill.

I just remembered I believe it was back in October when I built that one, I think I had to stretch the spring once myself. Nasty little tail switch. The thing was I decided to not use a spring on the contact board and use a blob of solder instead; I could've made the blob a little bigger probably. You could do that yourself it you want, add more solder that is. No harm in doing that as it's just a contact board with no driver to damage there, but you'd have to be careful not to break anything else while threading the pill.

ah excellent idea. i just received my soldering station today so that would be a good little thing to start with. Ive just been soldering wire together as practice. ill give that a go and see if i can reduce the amount of free space inside the host. thanks!

I had the same issue with my host. The solder blob works fine but I went a step further. Keep in mind that this won't work with button top batteries.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

BobMc

I had the same issue with my host. The solder blob works fine but I went a step further. Keep in mind that this won't work with button top batteries.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Like the look of that Sanwu BE with that stainless steel host, looks very impressive!

Hi,
I just ordered 2- 3X BE's don't know what i'm doing with them yet, but i'm sure i'll figure something out. Maybe make an adapter to streamline other hosts.

Last edited: