Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

6000mW laser driver

I'm new to lasers and I was wondering how do I build a laser driver for a 6000mW diode, such as this one 808nm 6w 6000mw Laser Pumping Laserdiodin - Buy 808nm 6w 6000mw Laserdiodin,Laser Pumping Laserdiodin,Laser Diode Laserdiodin Product on Alibaba.com, and use a standard Duracell 9v battery. I'm somewhat new to electronics and I tend to do things much harder than what they are supposed to be and overthink things so a easy to understand breakdown would be nice and a schematic would be nice. Also how am I supposed to know what resistor to use? P.S. Im trying to do this somewhat like a budget build so if you have a better 6000mW diode I should use that's cheap but dependable that would be nice

Last edited:

Gadget

There exists a driver that will do 6 amps, but you ain't gonna drive it with any 9 volt battery. They don't have the guts to pump that kind of power.

-G

There exists a driver that will do 6 amps, but you ain't gonna drive it with any 9 volt battery. They don't have the guts to pump that kind of power.

-G

Could you give me a link the the driver? Also what would I need to power it with?

Last edited:

Gadget

Yeah, no problem....the link is the white Search Bar at the bottom of the page.

-G

Yeah, no problem....the link is the white Search Bar at the bottom of the page.

-G

Thanks. My parents decided to tell me after 4 days of trying to plan a 6 w laser they said I should start with something small so I'm starting with a 2 w laser. Atleast it's still class IV if you want I can send you pictures when I get it done