Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

6-pack, with p100

M

Mac

I just got my pulsar-6-pack like a week ago, it can pop ballons in less than 1 second, with the wicked cap on, without wicked cap, it wont pop ballons. It WONT light a match, at all, not even with the wicked cap and magnifing glass. Without the wicked cap, it takes about 4 minutes to cut electrical tape, with the wicked cap, it takes about 30 sec. The ballons that come with the 6-pack, they pop to easy, I was just about to pop one, when my friend just touched it, and it poped, so those ballons - bad. :-X The free gift box, its really nice, good desinged. The pulsar it self, is nice, and cromed, I tried - Dollar Batteries - Radio Shack batteries - duracel - and recharable batteries, the radio shack ones last the longest, the recharable ones dont last as long, but you can recharge them! :p The dragon case, I loved it, you can carry your laser arround in your pocket, without it getting scrached. The googles, (witch come with every laser) are VERY usefull, without them, the dot is a BIG dot, with it, it is like over %50 smaller.

Thanks for reading
Mac :p

Daedal

Dare I say the obvious? It's a WL!!! This is not the first time they flake... :-?

So... Suggestion? Get a SenTorch! ::)

P.S. That's a long signature, yo!

--DDL

Daedal

Hehe.. sorry about the threadjacking... I just spent more time on the signature than on the post itself... lol ;D ;D

--DDL

Daedal said:
Dare I say the obvious? It's a WL!!! This is not the first time they flake...  :-?

So... Suggestion? Get a SenTorch!  ::)

P.S. That's a long signature, yo!

--DDL

LOL !!!! Pretty obvious i'd say. Good call.

Hey guys, I know we all love to gang up on WL here, and I gotta admit those Spyders sure are a mistake, but I don't think you're justified here. I hate to accuse the OP, but from past experience I'd place my bets that the only problem here is the user.

For match lighting, color the match with sharpie. The best is to get a regular box of matches (I get them cheap from wal mart), rub it on the striker for a little so it gets near igniting, but not quite, and then color it with sharpie and let it dry. THEN find the focus of the laser, hold both the match and laser extremely steady and direct that focused light onto the match head.

If you still have problems, then we can look into it being a flaky laser. However most of the time this technique will solve the supposed problem with the laser  ;)

OH, and PS: Dollar store batts won't cut it. I used to use the 4 for $1 batts at wal mart unit I realized that half of them come DOA, and the rest are already ailing. Especially with a laser where the diode is directly hooked up to the batts like the pulsar, that just won't work at all. Another common way lasers get unjustly blamed for problems is because of poor batts!

M

Mac

pseudonomen137 said:
Hey guys, I know we all love to gang up on WL here, and I gotta admit those Spyders sure are a mistake, but I don't think you're justified here. I hate to accuse the OP, but from past experience I'd place my bets that the only problem here is the user.

For match lighting, color the match with sharpie. The best is to get a regular box of matches (I get them cheap from wal mart), rub it on the striker for a little so it gets near igniting, but not quite, and then color it with sharpie and let it dry. THEN find the focus of the laser, hold both the match and laser extremely steady and direct that focused light onto the match head.

If you still have problems, then we can look into it being a flaky laser. However most of the time this technique will solve the supposed problem with the laser  ;)

OH, and PS: Dollar store batts won't cut it. I used to use the 4 for $1 batts at wal mart unit I realized that half of them come DOA, and the rest are already ailing. Especially with a laser where the diode is directly hooked up to the batts like the pulsar, that just won't work at all. Another common way lasers get unjustly blamed for problems is because of poor batts!
They wont sell matches to me, im 14..... I only had purple ones, and they woudnt go on.........

Y

yew.sir-name

rubbing the match on the striker... why didnt i think of that

There sure is a problem with your laser, my WL classic 15mw pops balloons (sharpied) instantly with a cap lens (homemade), cuts tape quite fast and smokes matches, i hope a 100mw should do a lot more. But yeah i've heard a lot of bad things about WL after i bought my laser, i'm glad mine was fine, probably won't take the chance next time, except if i get it free with some wicked bucks i'm getting really easily from them haha.

M

Mac

paper183 said:
There sure is a problem with your laser, my WL classic 15mw pops balloons (sharpied) instantly with a cap lens (homemade), cuts tape quite fast and smokes matches, i hope a 100mw should do a lot more. But yeah i've heard a lot of bad things about WL after i bought my laser, i'm glad mine was fine, probably won't take the chance next time, except if i get it free with some wicked bucks i'm getting really easily from them haha.
WL says the puslar CANT do anything I told you unless it has the cap on.