Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

6 month break- now back and confused!

SMIDSY

Hi- some may remember me form the depths of the archive pages. Just came back after a long break and can see the forum has had a refurb. Couple of questions:

What happened to my rep points?!
what happened to my sig?
where are my past posts?!
Is anyone I knew still here?
what are the latest deals about :)

cheers

Last edited:

daguin

Hi- some may remember me form the depths of the archive pages. Just came back after a long break and can see the forum has had a refurb. Couple of questions:

What happened to my rep points?!
what happened to my sig?
where are my past posts?!
Is anyone I knew still here?
what are the latest deals about :)
cheers

1) gone
2) gone
3) Some are still here, some are gone
4) Yes (and no)
5) The 8X violet builds are growing and the 12X bluray burner drive has been released in Japan. It should be available here in the US later this month

Peace,
dave

SMIDSY

1) gone
2) gone
3) Some are still here, some are gone
4) Yes (and no)
5) The 8X violet builds are growing and the 12X bluray burner drive has been released in Japan. It should be available here in the US later this month

Peace,
dave

Thats a shame I had 6 nice comments with my rep points.

Good to see you;re still here though dave!

I was never a fan of BRs but some nice 8X sound tempting! Do you personally have anything for sale- I remember you had some gas lasers a very long time ago!

SMIDSY.

daguin

Thats a shame I had 6 nice comments with my rep points.
Good to see you;re still here though dave!
I was never a fan of BRs but some nice 8X sound tempting! Do you personally have anything for sale- I remember you had some gas lasers a very long time ago!
SMIDSY.

I have an assortment of stuff available here. I have a few argons, and HeNe's, as well as some red modules and a couple of 6X based violet hand helds

I just posted in the "Gas Lasers" board that I found out that the USPS is no longer offering surface shipping overseas. I would say that shipping argon components to you will be pretty expensive now.

What are you looking for?

Peace,
dave

Last edited:

SMIDSY

I'd like another He/Ne or gas laser of some kind, a green pointer (ideally IR shielded- want to use it in the desert so ideally 30+mW), If its around another BR (but not desperate for one of these).

A burning red is always welcome!

I'd love an argon- but I think its a little expensive sadly.

Frankly I'd just want something to travel with me (green) something to burn (red) and something really cool (another gas laser!)

and I'm still after all these years without green and blue protection!! So I need those too!

mfo

Well, I'm still fairly new here, so I don't know/remember you. Anyhow, welcome back. My name is Chris. I'd answer your questions but Dave already beat me to it.

Hi- some may remember me form the depths of the archive pages. Just came back after a long break ...

Hi. What brought you back to lasers?

My 200mw green laser is coming in soon from China. Its waterproof too. Would you like the link?

I remember you. ;) There are a lot of good deals floating around, a trip to the review section will probably fill you in on some.

SMIDSY

I remember you. ;) There are a lot of good deals floating around, a trip to the review section will probably fill you in on some.

Brill will do- and thanks for the PM! and rep!

Hi. What brought you back to lasers?

My 200mw green laser is coming in soon from China. Its waterproof too. Would you like the link?

Thanks for the ofer but I'd rather buy from a vet than a chineese dealer...

what brought me back? well i never realyl left lasers I just went away fromt he forum as I was building other things, doing exams then travelling- its good to be back.

I took my laser with me to the desert- that was an experience, and diving too. Sadly that DIY laser is now KIA (heat).

Well, I'm still fairly new here, so I don't know/remember you. Anyhow, welcome back. My name is Chris. I'd answer your questions but Dave already beat me to it.

cheers chris- dont know you either but nice to meet you!

do I count as a vet yet?

Good to see you back!!
great to see your still around too; does anyone know what happened to CC?

your not a fan of BR because you haven't played with >400mW of violet light yet ;)

8x lasers are impressive!

SMIDSY

your not a fan of BR because you haven't played with >400mW of violet light yet ;)

8x lasers are impressive!

this is true but I don't have BR protection yet and I had a close call with one... mind you 400mW of anything does sound like fun; the most Im up to on a single channel is around 200 :-[

SMIDSY

you too :)

can someone explain what the difference between rep and rep power is?