Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

5mW green's from Ebay

Nefarious

I recently purchased ten 5mW green pointers from Ebay seller: eBay My World - valueoffer to give away as Christmas presents and decided to test them all using the Laserbee I LPM. I was quite surprised by the results.
All of the pointers were way over spec. with the exception of one that leveled out to 6mW after a few minutes. I tested all the pointers using energizer advanced lithium aaa's. Three pointers were in the 15-20mW range, four of them hovered around 30-35mW. And the last two held steady at surprisingly high levels. One peaked at 64mW and leveled out to a steady 55mW. And the other peaked at 78mW and leveled out to 69mW after about two minutes of operation.
I expected most of the pointers to be around 20mW, but was extremely surprised by the two in the 50-70mW range. Needless to say, I will not be giving those two away lol :crackup:

styropyro

You will have to check with an IR filter to make sure those readings are correct. Not bad considering those pointers are $5-$6 a piece with free shipping.