Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

5mW Green Laser Modules.

Comidt

Hey all.
I have a customer who needs 5mW Green Laser modules for an industrial tool he is creating. His tool has generated interest in Germany, Africa, the United States and a few other countries.
I have been sampling some of the cheaper modules (i.e. <$10) but they have been completely unstable and often delivering >20mW. The devices have to be approved by Germany and there is no way they'll allow a 20mW module :).
I've got a few quote from places such as diodelaserconcepts.com and globallasertech.com but they are quoting updwards of $400.
Does anyone know of a company that can deliver modules with a guaranteed <5mW (preferably 3-5mW) and a low divergence (<1 mRad at the max but less than that is better (0.6 is optimal))?
I am looking at CNI now as I know that their pointers were always of high quality.
I know you guys have a lot of knowledge in this area and thought I should ask.
:thanks:for the help in advance.
Jonno

Comidt

Got a pretty affordable quote from SKY Lasers.
I know that they were pretty good, are they still?
Will guarantee 4-5mW.

Contact o-like about their 1mw laser module. I bought one and it was out putting 6mw average and 10mw peak. This was a while ago though... not sure if they still carry them

Other wise ask about their 5mw module. You could always turn down the current to the pump diode, unless many of these are going to be produced, in that case have you tried to contact any telescope laser companies? They might be able to sell you in bulk just the module....

EDIT: Also have you considered using a line generator lens to drop the output power per mm²?

Hope that helped! -Adrian

Last edited: