Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

5mW 473nm Laser Pointer

So if I wanted to buy a 5mW 473nm laser pointer (CW output, not pulsed, relatively good condition, etc)... how much should I be looking to pay?

I think this has been answered HERE already. Search is your friend!

Good luck! That's a cool color.

Cheers,
c

Yes I saw that thread... I was wondering if, from then until now, some things have changed. I think LG changed their Aquarius from Pulsed to CW output since then, sooo...

Hmm... doesn't look like very many people are interested in the 473nm lasers... although even at 1 piece, that blows the LG Aquarius out of the water...

People here usually go for the higher power 473's-- talking 80mW+ Also it seems CNI can only match lasever's usual prices in quantities of 10.

Edit: 445's have also really shot down the desire to have 473's...

Last edited:
Yes I noticed that... 473nm laser prices dropped like a rock (kind of :p). Anyone know anything about the differences between LG's Aquarius 5 and CNI's GLP 473nm 5mW? It's $200 apart...

theres better advice than these^^^^

price them everywhere then see what you pay Jetlasers at our GB thread.
the 445 blues were sure to drive down the 473 which are not diode lasers.
And thus are always going to cost more.. also the 445 handles the heat much better than a diode pumped laser. more stable- less mod hopping etc
Sales of 473 are very flat mostly wave-length jockys are buying them lately .

if you want a small discount you can order JL 473s thru me. I have all the JL batterys here- so when i gets to me(no charge to you) I inspect and do a power graph add the batteries and then you only pay the real costs to ship to you.
sending you a group invite-

hak in TEXAS

I'm just wondering why there's such large price differences. LG's 473nm 5mW is $450, CNI's is $270, how much could I get a JetLasers one for?

norbyx

Do you need it to be a pointer? I mean I just ordered one laser from laserlands and it should have arround 80mw and the cost was $190 but it is not a pointer it's a lab style laser, that in my opinion it's even cooler if you never had one.

No I've never had a lab style laser yet... been interested in one for a bit but they aren't cheap... would you be so kind to link me to your recent purchase?

are you saying you got a 473 nm labby from LL= if so expect a 445 instead= they were told that the laser in the RGB set is NOT 473 and Merry did not correct that error==not a good sign-also if you have any problems good luck getting any help=my 200 mW fatty green module only made 30mW and zero help was offered to me.. nada-- zip= And organized the group buy for Merry- nice payback IMO..

norbyx

are you saying you got a 473 nm labby from LL= if so expect a 445 instead= they were told that the laser in the RGB set is NOT 473 and Merry did not correct that error==not a good sign-also if you have any problems good luck getting any help=my 200 mW fatty green module only made 30mW and zero help was offered to me.. nada-- zip= And organized the group buy for Merry- nice payback IMO..

Well I really hope that is not my case otherwise I would just make a claim through PP and see if I get my money back.

I got a 473, and a rgb white. Time will tell. As for the link I am on my cell phone at the moment but it should be pretty easy to find, just search for laserlands latest posts it was one of the last ones.

The RGB white is 445, proven. The strictly 473 hasn't been tested. Though given their poor reputation, I wouldn't expect anything to write home about.

CNI is generally pretty good about working with customers. Once we get in the 20-25 customers range, I'm going to ask about getting the bulk discount all the way across the board. We'll see. Either way, it's still a decent price for a GLP. Though JL might be your better option.

norbyx

Well that the RGB is 445 and not 473 doesn't mean much to me. I got both the 473 laby and the RGB. Once they arrive I will post the review, I told them I was going to post a BIG review on this lasers once I had them in my hands, so I really hope they sent the correct color (even if I don't have a spectrometer to have a 100% certain result). But IF i see that the laser looks like a 445 I will see where I can get one to test it's wavelenght.

I don't know how much they want to risk a bad review with this forum.
Anyhow the price was very low, plus I got an aditional discount.