Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

5mW 450nm pen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi LPF,

I found THIS pen and it is a 450nm 5mW pen, so you don't need the "overkill" of a 2W laser to show people. Cheers!

Have you measured it? I just ask because most of the ebay style pens are over powered. Blord made a chart about the PL450B and it looks like 5 mW is possible with 20 - 25 mA, so it should be possible to do a rough check (ball park figure) without an LPM. :beer:

Last edited:
Although I'm not sure of the Vf of the diode it should have a Vf of around 4-5V, which would require a boost driver to run off two Alkaline batteries(AAA batteries). That would mean a higher current draw than the actual output, meaning you can't really guess the output power by looking at the current drawn from the batteries.

Yeah I guessed that and thats why I didnt state you should measure at the tail cap ;) I also stated it would give a ball park figure...If you wanted to be sure, disconnect one of the wires to the diode and put a MM in series. Or use an LPM ;) :beer:

Sadly I don't have this pen, I just discovered it on eBay. IIRC there recently was a thread about someone who wanted a 5mW 450nm pen. Just thought I'd let you guys know. ;)

I have seen it and I am interested, just not sure it's a 405 nm... and I don't want to waste money.

Well.... they do state that it is 450nm -445nm and the dot on the picture is the right color. It is kind of a gamble. You can ask the seller if he/she is sure although I don't think that will really help :undecided:

5mW 450nm is about as common as 5mW 405nm. Read: They don't exist.
That'll be somewhere between 30 and 60mW, and it is indeed blue 450nm at that price.

Last edited:
Please read the thread next time, Mr. boii. :) This is about blue. You don't enter a discussion about toasters and say "this nail polish is cheaper *link*"

Please read the thread next time, Mr. boii. :) This is about blue. You don't enter a discussion about toasters and say "this nail polish is cheaper *link*"

Thunder dome says he wanted a 405nm so read the whole thread instead of going out of your way to try an put me down, is that what you like doin? Goin to all my posts trying to upset me and neg rep abuse me?

DJNY

I have seen it and I am interested, just not sure it's a 405 nm... and I don't want to waste money.

Thunder dome says he wanted a 405nm so read the whole thread instead of going out of your way to try an put me down, is that what you like doin? Goin to all my posts trying to upset me and neg rep abuse me?

English isn´t my first language, but while doing a quick scan of this thread, I think thunderdome is scared that it is a 405nm and doesn´t want a 405nm.

English isn´t my first language, but while doing a quick scan of this thread, I think thunderdome is scared that it is a 405nm and doesn´t want a 405nm.

If that is that case I can simply edit the post :)

DJNY

Other than you, I just give advice.

LOL thanks for telling me what to do :tinfoil:

Status
Not open for further replies.