Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

589nm club membership card

10fenny

Well I just checked my bank statement and they have yet to charge me even though I have a payment confirmation email!! So I just emailed them back about the situation. I'm not worried about getting it. I am worried when I will get it! I'm dying here guys. It like a got a toy on christmas with no batts.
"it ok... calm down.. yellow soon... soon!"
ok I'm a lil better now!!

Davidx

I'm with Steve T on this one I'm going to let the beautiful color do the talking . I get different readings when battery is fresh. I suspect this one has a hunger for batteries. Be cool to have one say over 300 mw. :)
Got a Jetlaser 473 coming. I'll try and post photos.
Thanks everyone

GR3EN

I'm with Steve T on this one I'm going to let the beautiful color do the talking . I get different readings when battery is fresh. I suspect this one has a hunger for batteries. Be cool to have one say over 300 mw. :)
Got a Jetlaser 473 coming. I'll try and post photos.
Thanks everyone

And a 473nm nice. Good selection. Definitely won't be disappointed in that one either. 473nm is an awesome color as well.

Pman

I would just look forward to another color more than be too anxious about what the output will be. Mine mode hops a lot and peaks at 86mW if I remember correctly. The output is not very steady so don't be surprised if yours is the same way. Never bothered doing a lengthy test to see what my average was but my guess would be around the advertised 50mW. I think they must have hand picked the ones that others received in the GB. Would like to see a 593.5nm with that kind of output but the way things are now for me I don't see that happening and that's OK. Nice enough getting to see everyone else's reactions to their units;) Be thankful that you can still get a handheld yellow or anything else for that matter. Things are certainly not going to get less restrictive.

Last edited:
I just ordered one too...let's hope ours don't come out to be duds like a few other members. :p

That being said, I better set up a tent our near the mailbox. Waiting for those 589nm photons is gonna be killer. :D

Will you make a video/review of it? It would be really cool!

styropyro

There's a good chance I will! At the very minimum I'll write a review... but I'll probably do a video too.

10fenny

Just got a reply from Adam! I guess they had some shipping error and are sending it today!! so its gonna be another week! Sigh!

joeyss

There's a good chance I will! At the very minimum I'll write a review... but I'll probably do a video too.

can you put the laser on your hand and see how warm it feels?

I don't own a LPM but mine makes my hand feel warm despite most of it being reflected. I'd guess mine is atleast 70mw. It's so amazing to see I got an idea for some cool pictures that I could take tonight.

SteveT

can you put the laser on your hand and see how warm it feels?

I don't own a LPM but mine makes my hand feel warm despite most of it being reflected. I'd guess mine is atleast 70mw. It's so amazing to see I got an idea for some cool pictures that I could take tonight.

I think the skin test can vary considerably based on your skin type. A darker skin or sun tan will absorb more heat than that of a pastey Englishman for example :) Look forward to the pics!

joeyss

I think the skin test can vary considerably based on your skin type. A darker skin or sun tan will absorb more heat than that of a pastey Englishman for example :) Look forward to the pics!

Yeah if i mark my skin dark it stings slightly already.

My metered 660 thats in the 50mws dosen't come close and when focused the yellow seems to burn black things faster.

I have some green ballons...hehe slow mo 589nm pop anyone?

SteveT

Just 'Sharpied' my thumb and yes my skin will sting after a few seconds. Also, tried to light a black match with the aid of a focus lens and it managed to fizzle three times but not quite ignite. Must get an LPM. For now, a quick pic in a dark room without the aid of fog.

rps20150523_225118.jpg

10fenny

I am now a member of the 589 club!!! Charging batts right now. But with low batts its already overspec!! Ill post pics when i can!!

SteveT

I am now a member of the 589 club!!! Charging batts right now. But with low batts its already overspec!! Ill post pics when i can!!

Congrats, looking forward to the pics and glad you've received a good unit :)

Pman

Great for you 10fen;) Figure it's only a matter of time before laserbtb.com stops selling them to us.

styropyro

Just made a quick overview vid! Current draw is 2.25A, and divergence is about 1.0mRad.

gif

did you guys get this through that GB? or separate from that? and from where?