Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

532nm + 660nm Goggles

Freyth

Greetings!

Kinda new to the forum, previously visited LC and CPF. When I came to this forum and see those threads about LC, made me laugh (not at those who hates LC but rather LC itself).

Anyway, I've posted some laser questions in LC and they weren't really that responsive, who knows what the reason may be. So I decided to post my next question here: Hopefully will be much better than in LC.

Okay now to my question. Which 532nm Goggles would be suitable for me if I were using at least 150mW lasers? Will the WL Green shades do? Because I'm deciding to purcahse the RPL-260 or 300 and I was told that the recommended OD was +5 and if I'm not wrong the Green Elites by WL are only +2?

I've also decided to purchase a 200mW 660nm laser and also would like a pair of goggles. However, it seems that the WLs block out everything. But I would like to see at least a small spot of red so that I can at least operate the laser without having to take the goggles out.

I really wanna be on the safe side after seeing threads about permanent eye damage; call me paranoid ::)

T

timelord

Welcome to the forum my friend ;) I hope you find it more hospitable here we don't ignore or give people grief like the LC. Please frequent and post all your pics reviews and just hang out all ou want ;)
I'm not sure about goggles for reds as i have a pair of the WL 650nm goggles and as you have pointed out they block everything, so if you or anyone find goggles for reds that let you see some of the beam please post...

As for your 532nm i would have thought the WL's would do a fair job, at least your eyes will be protected. But i suppose you only get what you pay for when it comes to goggles, let us all know how your experiences with your laser goes and keep us posted too. :)

TIMELORD

S

SenKat

Freyth - I love the Wicked goggles I have for green - the sport elite, or something like that....I have heard that Dewalt has some goggles that compare fairly well - I have not tested them myself though...

T

timelord

I'd say go with the WL sports elite mainly for the price @ only $49.99 :cool:

If you're willing to pay ~$150-400 a pair you open up a world of choices on exactly how much OD and VLT you want. If you want to work on any reasonable budget though youre kinda limited.

OD 5+ actually sounds a bit overkill for an RPL, though it would definitely keep you safe. Honestly though the WL sports goggles, at $50, are a great deal and will protect you just fine. I use the WL OD 2-3s without trouble for my RPL 300 and a bunch of other high power greenies.

As for the red laser goggles, right now I really don't know of anything to help you. The old WL goggles would have worked (http://www.lasercommunity.com/viewtopic.php?t=7202), but I don't really see anyone with those anymore. Right now I'm waiting for WL to actually stock some lasershades in hope those will be lower OD, as I have previously been told. Until then though, I really don't know what you can do other than wait, or spend a crudload on a different lens style, sorry.

T

timelord

Thanks for clearing that up for everyone Pseudo i'm sure alot of people have been confused about this issue from time to time ;)

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum, Freyth

What is your avatar of? I can't tell heh

Enjoy the forum

-c0ldshadow

Freyth

Rofl, it's a pic of a bunny with a pancake on its head with the caption: I have no idea what you're talking about... So here's a bunny with a pancake on its head. ::)

S

SenKat

HAHAHAHA THAT has got to be the most unique avatar I think I have ever seen !

Freyth

Rofl, it's a pic of a bunny with a pancake on its head with the caption: I have no idea what you're talking about... So here's a bunny with a pancake on its head. ::)

K

kingzilla

Freyth said:

Could you post an enlarged pic of it please! ;)