Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

532 nm and <1000 mW class 3 green laser

I recently bought CLASS 3 GREEN LASER
The box contains A Laser, 4 ext Lens, and a pair ABC ALKALINE BATTERIES
the specs is: <1000 mW output power, 532 +10 nm and this product complies with 21 CFR
I tested the laser, and THE RANGE is more than 1+ km
I bought this laser in Indonesia, but this laser made in China
and the price is 15$ (Rp. 150.000 IDR)
if you want the picture, e-mail me, fredy_96@yahoo.co.uk
I'll send you the picture, because I can't upload the picture using smartphone
and the Product name is "STAR"
And I think this laser great one
is this a great laser?

Last edited:

no its pure shit, no way near 1000mw as a laser like that would cost several hundreds of dollars or more..

no its pure shit, no way near 1000mw as a laser like that would cost several hundreds of dollars or more..
Yeah, I'm not sure if my laser output is 1000mW, I think it's only 100mW or 5 mW, I got scammed, damn it
but my laser can hurt my skin

D

Deleted member 16589

Yeah, I'm not sure if my laser output is 1000mW, I think it's only 100mW or 5 mW, I got scammed, damn it
but my laser can hurt my skin

if it hurts your skin its probably closer to 100mw but be careful I guaranty you a lot of it is IR. make sure to get a good pair of goggles.
also if you want to know the power of the laser you could always find the closest member with an LPM
http://laserpointerforums.com/f70/now-over-60-listed-list-lpf-members-lpms-locations-81288.html

usually green lasers the cheap ones are between 50-100 they can be more or less but you never know until you measure to know exactly..

the left pointing chevron preceding 1000mW means it could be anything from 0mW up to 999.9mW. <1000mW just means "less than 1000mW". If it's the standard 301/new wish host it probably wouldn't be 1000mW anyway. You won't know numbers without an LPM, but regardless it should still not be treated as a toy.

Last edited:

I bought a 1000mw green 532nm from freemascot. It travels approx 10 KM and cost $199 USD (262) CAD + $47.50 Duty = import fees .

Im pleased with the unit CNC machined Aluminuim with a black powder coating on it .

I was told that it is more like 2000mw from my old science teacher that tested on a laser tester so if your in the market for one check out freemascot.com

I did have some issues with importing it from hong kong to ontario canada but after 3.5 weeks I did eventually get it. Customs certainly opened it up and tested it because the battery was installed and the packaging was ripped open and resealed. Ive been told that anything over 5mw is the limit but canadian customs had no issue with it altho the actual sticker with the class rating was not stuck onto the unit it was tucked under the box packing.

diachi

I bought a 1000mw green 532nm from freemascot. It travels approx 10 KM and cost $199 USD (262) CAD + $47.50 Duty = import fees .

Im pleased with the unit CNC machined Aluminuim with a black powder coating on it .

I was told that it is more like 2000mw from my old science teacher that tested on a laser tester so if your in the market for one check out freemascot.com

I did have some issues with importing it from hong kong to ontario canada but after 3.5 weeks I did eventually get it. Customs certainly opened it up and tested it because the battery was installed and the packaging was ripped open and resealed. Ive been told that anything over 5mw is the limit but canadian customs had no issue with it altho the actual sticker with the class rating was not stuck onto the unit it was tucked under the box packing.

Can you provide a more detailed review? Pictures, power meter readings, operating current/voltage readings, duty cycle, beam specs (divergence, beam size, mode)? We need details.

Your science teacher told you it was "more like 2000mW" after testing it on a "laser tester"? What sort of "laser tester"? A calibrated laser power meter will give you a definite, accurate reading down to the exact mW.

I have a hard time believing it's making even 1000mW average power, never mind 2000mW without evidence. At least if their current/voltage specs on the product page are accurate...

<650mA at 3.7VDC is 2.405W - that is approaching 70% optical efficiency (assuming 90% driver efficiency, 70% pump diode efficiency - which is very generous I might add, a more realistic number is 80% and 50% respectively which would make it impossible to achieve 1W with those voltage/current numbers). That sort of optical efficiency hasn't even been achieved in the lab - 30% is generally about the best that can be achieved. Either their claimed output power is false or their claimed voltage/current requirements are false (Could be both too I guess...).

Also, you should avoid bringing back old threads. This one is over two years old.

Last edited: