Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

50mw Rayfoss laser... ??

So, I recently bought this laser...

http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/review-rayfoss-50mw-green-laser-pointer-44119.html

And in the photos above, the sticker on the laser reads POWER OUTPUT<50MW

The laser that I purchased, which is supposed to be the same as the ones in the photo above...... has a sticker that reads POWER OUTPUT<100MW....... What are the chances that they accidentally sent me a 100mw instead of a 50mw? Has anyone had this happen before?

Also... where can I buy replacement batteries for this laser? Thanks a bunch guys....

Hello! I'm new here btw.

Today i bought my 200mw Laser with Adjustable lens (Focusable). However, this is exactly what it says on the sticker:
POWER OUTPUT <50mW
WAVELENGTH 532nm
Class IIIB PEODUCT

What i wonder is, is my laser really 200mW like it said when i bought it from Lasershop.se (Swedish website) or is it only 50mW?:(

Thanks!

-Morten406

It doesn't work to light matches or pop balloons, but the light effect is quite good. I can see the beam pretty far away.

-Morten406

Actually, you would need more than 100 mW to ignite matches, 150 mW of UNFOCUSED green light will do the job.

Actually, you would need more than 100 mW to ignite matches, 150 mW of UNFOCUSED green light will do the job.

The one i bought was a 200mW they said. I got an answer from them in my mail saying that the company that produced the laser, "accidentally" put on the wrong stickers.. -.o I don't know if i shall believe them. However, i succeeded in blowing a black balloon, but not igniting a match.. :/ There was no instructions what so ever and it makes me kinda pissed of if i have gotten another product than i paid for! :/

Here's some pictures of the laser.
(Keep in mind, that the pictures are quite big and can take a moment to load)
Direct link to the album:
ImageShack -

Direct link to the site where i bought it.:
https://lasershop.nordicshops.com/product.html?product_id=170&category_id=12

It's all in Swedish but you can still see that it says 200mw Green Laser. Keep in mind, its an adjustable/focus lens laser, but i don't know if that matters tho.

I hope you might can idendify if this really is a 200mW laser or less.. The company says as i said before, that the sticker on the laser, has been placed there by a mistake, thats why it says "Power Output <50mW" Don't know if i shall believe that but..ohwell..

Thanks!

-Morten406

Ok, so i uploaded a video of the laser where i'm trying to pop a balloon. I didn't have enough battery (On the camera) to try to ignite a match, but i know it doesn't work. The vid is about 3 mins long, And the balloon never pops.. At the end i show you the adjustable size laser dot. That works correctly tho, but is really unclear if i point it onto something a far distance away. Even if its dark.

VIDEO: SgtVideo.com - 200(?)mw green laser

You can't really see the beam in the video however, i can see it in real life, but not that much.. When it's dark i see it a littlebit more tho.

Try adjusting the focus. You want a very small dot. Although if the brightness is anything like in the video I would say it's definitely not 200mW and you should contact the company for an exchange/return.

Chris

wbayw

I bought nowdays a 100 mW green from rayfoss. (http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/rayfoss-100-mw-green-focusable-torch-47067.html) It can burn matches very fast (focused - 1-2 sec), and its very bright, so a 200 mW like must be much stronger. In your video, the brightness is 50 mW like. I think its only 50 mW. 50 mW lasers can also pop balloons, but not light matches. If you search vids on youtoube for 50 mW laser and 200 mW laser, you will see, that your laser is more similar to 50 mW, than 200 mW. If you don't see the beam in a lit room, it is also more possible that the laser is under 50 mW. In dark room the beam is also bright, easy to see.
BTW its price is 200 mW like...

Last edited:
Ok, Thanks for the help!

I have sent a mail to the company, with the link to my video, and the pictures. Also, i took a screenshot of this forum topic, to show them that you also think its not a 200mW.. Hope that's ok.

I guess i will have my by tomorrow morning, and hopefully, i will be able to exchange it into a REAL 200mW and not some fake piece of crap!

:)

Thanks! I'll get back with more later on what they replied.

-Morten406

Ok, so they replied.

They said that i could send the laser back to them, and get my money back OR choose a new laser. I wanted a new laser. And i also told them to test the laser before they send it, on balloons or matches.. Hope i get it right this time, not a "Weak" <50mw laser:/

A professional manufacturer tests lasers on High quality grade Laser Power meter, and they give your accurate readings of your laser.

If you ordered 200 mW laser, and it ignites a match, it may as well be 150mW one, since it will do the same thing, and difference at such powers is not easy to see with naked eyes.

I hope you get your mighty laser soon, and up to spec! :beer: