Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

50mW greenie pops a balloon from 20 feet un helped!!

WOW guys my new LED shop 50mW greenie just pop a balloon from 20 feet with no help from a lens or mod or anything!!!!! scopeguy20 will tell you it is a led shop 50!!!!!!!
I will post the vid link in an update here in a sec!!!

:thanks:

cust11

It would be safe to say that your laser is overspec and has very good divergence. Congrats!

-Mike

D

Deleted member 8382

then it' can't have a good divergence, I bet the laser is focused at a concrete distance and you just found it with that balloon.

If it wasn't focused (foucused to the infinity) at 20 feet the dot size would be 4mm at least and with 4mm and 70mW you don't pop a balloon.

Grix

then it' can't have a good divergence, I bet the laser is focused at a concrete distance and you just found it with that balloon.

If it wasn't focused (foucused to the infinity) at 20 feet the dot size would be 4mm at least and with 4mm and 70mW you don't pop a balloon.

I thought that larger beam diameter = usually better divergence.

^That's correct. The beam diameter at aperture plays a huge role in determining divergence. Good divergence typically requires the beam to be expanded and recollimated with a larger beam diameter. Most of the time this occurs to a certain degree within the laser head itself, but external beam expanders are available for this very reason.