Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

50mw Green Laser

Hey guys, I'm new here, and am just getting into lasers. Just wanted to tel you all that I'm getting my first kind of high powered laser pointer (50mw) off the internet for about 25 bucks. Should be here in about 1-2 weeks when ordered. I should be having it ordered Monday.

BigNRich said:
[quote author=f22warzone link=1201319893/0#1 date=1201320629]jw but who did you order it from?

DX or Deal Extreme. [/quote]

I am ordering one along with my cousin (BigNRich) and they are the DX 50mw pen laser pointer. Is there much difference between these and the true 50mw ones?

Switch

I would have to guess that with the true 50 you have a better chance of getting a good one.I don't know if you wouldn't be better off with a true 30 for about the same 25 bucks :p

Switch said:
I would have to guess that with the true 50 you have a better chance of getting a good one.I don't know if you wouldn't be better off with a true 30 for about the same 25 bucks :p

Yeah. I think we will go with the 50mw and go for some true 200mw's later on. I've still got 3 diy reds (2 from senkat, 1 from 20x burner) and one of them will be going to BigNRich after I get some fusiondrives in (CANT WAIT BLUE!!!!) and some ps3 assemblies from either DDL if he gets the GB's going again soon, if not then eBay.

I bought two of the DX 50 without the "True" in the listing.  Both were high in output power, one was fussy about the batteries being near full or new, but both had fair beam spec's and well over 50 mW output power. I just did not like the build quality, especially the threads when opening for battery access.   ::) Oh yeah, mine took about 6 weeks to arrive.

Switch

Have you (or anyone for that matter) orderd both a "true" and a "non-true" DX pen style laser?Cause I was going for the true 30 but I'm gonna get the DX50 if you say it's reliable.
If I don't like the build quality , I'm just gonna grind it all of and make a new case while diong my best not to ruin the actual module and pcb :p

JECS

i thought i saw that the dx true 30 was the best burn for your buck. thats the one i intend to buy. i thought the ones higher than that get a little less efficient and start spitting out more ir whereas with the true 30 you get maybe <5mw of ir

I bought the True 30 a couple of days ago. It sure is attractive to just buy the 50 one for only 1 buck more, but after reading some user reviews on Dx's own message board, I decided to go for the True 30.

don't go for the cheap 50 it will be less than 30mW green and then the rest is infra-red. If you want a 50mW go for the true one, i have one and it works fantastic! ;D

cbrian4 said:
don't go for the cheap 50 it will be less than 30mW green and then the rest is infra-red. If you want a 50mW go for the true one, i have one and it works fantastic! ;D

If you say the rest is IR, would that mean that this laser will burn better? After all, it is IR than burns.

ir has a divergence of about 3-4mrad making it usless as a burner thaty is why ir really isnt that bad unless your withen 2' of the object yoru burning

As far as i know ir doesn't burn any better than any other wavelength, i could be wrong though. I've looked at spec sheets for infra red lasers and the usually say <15mRAD. Thats terrible divergance.