Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

50mW Green Laser Pointer from gy3.co.uk

Hi all,

Posted this in the 'Welcome' section but not had many responses.

Been reading in here for a few weeks now. I wondered what your opinions of this laser pointer are as I recently got it?

50mW Green Laser Pointer

It seems to shine quite brightly and is good for pointing/circling stars. It was £20 delivered so was very happy and I ordered on a Tuesday and it was here on the Thursday (from Guernsey).

It is listed as <50mW and I assume is able to be sold as Guernsey is not classified as being in the UK. Got through customs no problem.

Quick picture at https://www.dropbox.com/s/6adfmtmf40qusjy/IMG125.jpg

My next purchase will probably be this:

PowerCheck Laser: High Power Focusing Green (532nm) Laser With Key-switch, 100mW - Detailed item view - OdicForce Lasers Online Shop

Any thoughts/comments appreciated.

:thanks:

Generally <50mW lasers tend to be on spec. There isn't really much to say about the laser you got, because it's so common. As long as you're happy with yours, that's all that matters.

Odicforce has a decent reputation. That laser seems to be the same as from laserbtb (skylasers). Personally I'm a fan of the design as it has a number of safety features.

In terms of brightness though, you may be disappointed, going from 50mW to 100mW is not that much of a difference.

Thanks for the advice. I may take a look at a 200mW from Lazerer instead then. Ideally I want a silver host but not with an tail cap button.

Also can anyone advise on what a duty cycle is?