Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

50mw Green laser Flash Light style no IR

AUSBEN

Hey i got a 50mw green laser pointer a day ago.

Its AWESOME! shoots stars everything. Can see it AGES away.

Anyway i was testing IR with my camera. There was IR. just wondering could a 50mw green laser with no IR do damage like real bad. I swiped my eyes one time times by Accident. But there was no damage to my eyes.

Laser pops baloons (Black) puts a hole through a rubbish bag but doesnt light a match

But its so powerful. When i take my dog for a walk. Ill show you the beam etc.

Pictures,

Excuse the little mess X:

lasee016.jpg

greenir.jpg

TTerbo

is this your free dino direct laser?
and was this the review?

AUSBEN

nah this is not a review. I didint get this free i traded another laser for this with a forum user.

Review coming when i buy 3.6 batts atm my one is half dead.

( Buying wednesday )

I remember when I used to think 50mW of 532nm was "cool", lol. Nowadays I would be trading the old 50mW for a HeNe......
Give it time, if you stay with this hobby for a while, soon you will find yourself wanting a HeNe after all. When I was new I didnt understand the whole gas thing either, now I prefer them(HeNe) to diodes or DPSS, lol.
You must admit, this looks awesome:
attachment.php

AUSBEN

Just wondering the laser stopped working. i turned it on it had a red and a square green thing. it was small. I took the batteries out. put it back in then it started working again. could somone tell me what might of happend?

TTerbo

hmmm did you try pot mod it?
that red was IR you must have used it for a long time and it got hot.
IMO

AUSBEN

Yea thanks i was worried :S i was using it allday. No i will never pot mod a green laser. i love them to much. just wondering What happens when it gets to hot. Like a littel green came out. I dont quiet understand. Thanks

Yea thanks i was worried :S i was using it allday. No i will never pot mod a green laser. i love them to much. just wondering What happens when it gets to hot. Like a littel green came out. I dont quiet understand. Thanks
Green lasers are very unstable and subjacent to temperature changes.
Try cooling your laser, like when you are outside on winter time, you will see that first ignition of laser - takes a while for it to "warm up" to working temperature, you see the crystal inside the laser, KTP, is actually named to work at 80°C, naturaly when you cool it - it won't work.
Heat from the diode will eventually get it to working temperature, but it takes time.
Such behaviour is normal in green lasers, don't worry about it :D

AUSBEN

argh its winter here. laser wont work just ir then i go inside with heater works for bout 5 seconds then turned to IR again :S littel help