Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

50mW focusable 405 will it pop balloon

I ordered a focusable 50mW blu ray from shenzhen-wholesale

If it is indeed 50mW, will it pop balloons or light matches when focused.

It will definitely pop balloons at 50mW. It will probably light matches. You can increase the likelihood of both by drawing with a black marker on the stop where you plan to put the laser. I drove a PHR diode at 45mA, which should be less than 50mW output, and after painting the red match head black with a marker it lit in a few seconds:)

I also had a PHR at around 60mw and it definitely popped balloons and lighted matches, at not much distance, but it did it pretty well focused to 20-30cm.

It arrived today. When properly focused it smokes tape and pops balloons.

Safety matches also start smoking, If I wasn't so jittery I could probably get them to light

It arrived today. When properly focused it smokes tape and pops balloons.

Safety matches also start smoking, If I wasn't so jittery I could probably get them to light

I also have it but the green version. My laser can pop a ballon easily but it can't light safety matches as your one. But it can light big matches well.

I spoke to soon.

It does light regular red safety matches. (No sharpie)

It just needs to be reasonably close. It's slower then my 200mW red but still only takes 3-5sec