Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

501b s06j

Special thanks goes to Lifetime17 for giving me a host and DTR for the Diode Pill Driver, lens combo 12X S06J 405nm Copper Module W/Driver & Three Element Glass Lens is what I got from DTR. I just got the host in the mail and working on getting it all put together while I work. Would like some feed back if I am doing this correctly. I am assuming the case is the ground. Which would mean that the negative wire needs to solder to one of the edge pads. If I am correct please let me know if I am wrong please correct me.
20160229_1619441.jpg

Well I answered my own question here. The build works I will post pictures later tonight

DTR

Awesome, glad you got it up and running.:beer:

Hi,
Glad to hear the host and all the components arrived today. I thought Purple would be correct for the 405nm WL you decided on. Contact board is correct on connections ,spring and pill in the right orientation. It was my pleasure to help out with the host and parts.
Enjoy and be safe hey break out with some beams for us !!!!

Rich:)

Hi,
Can we get some better beam shots please these are out of focus.

Of course I will go take some now. I had to get home and get the kids situated and in bed. Will post some more soon!

OK here are some better pics

This one is looking at the host
20160229_2335501.jpg

This one is opposite of the first picture so looking away from the host. The time is took me to take these pictures put a nice burn spot in my cabinets lol. Wifes gonna yell at me!
20160229_2335291.jpg

This is a side shot of the beam. So a quick qestion as well. What is the difference between the 3 Element glass lens and the G-2 lens. Why is the G2 Superior? Are there comparison pictures anywhere of the same diode ran through a 3 element and then a G2?
20160229_2335011.jpg

Also I need to find a host for the Green c-mount I have. Would love to have it in a nice portable host as well. I need a driver for it as well. I am still having a hard time understanding how to find out optimal current and voltage levels for individual diodes. Anyone care to enlighten me. Thanks!

Yes that is obvious. But what do you do when you cannot find a datasheet for your diode. The last diode i pulled from a dvd rw drive i could not find any information on it at all.

Hi,
Yes data sheets help a lot but when i can't find one i use a PSU and slowly turn up the amps until the out put starts to roll back off the efficiency curve. It helps you know if the diode is a single mode or multi mode to, so you know where your parameters are.
Oh now thats a better beam shutoff some sweet 405nm WL pal..
With a 3 element you loose power the beam has 3 lens to go through and gets absorbed but cuts the divergence down to a dot. The G2 lens is one lens so all the power is not absorbed or restricted but the divergence is not trimmed.

Last edited:
Great little giant laser, 405's are one of my favorites, I'm sure you will enjoy it too. :GJ:

I dont have it anymore. It had what looked like a part number on the can but a google search pulled up nothing. How do you know when it starts to roll back off the efficiency curve? The beam appears wide to be alot wider than my green c-mount that passes through one lens