Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

500mw 660-670nm Diodes

I am in contact with a company that is selling 500mw 660-670nm diodes, and have requested a price for a quantity including hopefully a Free sample along with a spec sheet.

If the price is good enough, would anyone be interested in a group buy? This is early days and obviously it will all come down to how cheap I can get them.

Any comments or interest would be appreciated on this thread.

Jase

As you said, it all comes down tohow cheap you can get them. As long as they're significantly cheaper than the cost of a comparable ready-to-go module, I would be interested in a few.

I have a little more info , the diodes come in a standard 9mm can size. They are N type with internal photodiode regulation and a 2v reverse polarity protection. They are a SONY diode with a lifespan of 10000 hours.

Interestingly enough they also sell 405nm Violet diodes from 0.4mw up to a whopping 25mw CW with TTL input of up to 1khz.

I am hoping to get a good deal from them, so I will keep you posted.

Jase

As they say -- "Film at 11" !!! We're all watching :p At $10 each, it's a steal !

Mike

S

SenKat

I believe you are talking about photonics something or other ? I am fairly certain those 500mw reds are multi-mode...I COULD be wrong - and if they are cheap enough, I would still like to mess with a few of them !

I've always wanted a really high power red, but the greens seem to be hogging that spot in the market amd no one but Glowtorch seems to be stepping up to the plate. Guess it's up to us to build our own. I'd definitely be interested in some reasonably priced reds in that power range - especially if they are singlemode. Tallaxo, can you find out that information?

Ragnarok said:
I've always wanted a really high power red, but the greens seem to be hogging that spot in the market amd no one but Glowtorch seems to be stepping up to the plate. Guess it's up to us to build our own.  I'd definitely be interested in some reasonably priced reds in that power range - especially if they are singlemode. Tallaxo, can you find out that information?

Eh, sorry but in that power I dont think you can even get red single-mode diodes... though that sure would be awesome (and expensive?)

S

SenKat

That's what I was thinking as well - but who knows, we may be surprised ! :cool:

Sadly enough I received a quote today , they are asking for £240 per diode from 1 - 50 and £221 from 55 to 99 units, this is way more than I had expected, so I wont be following this up,

Sorry folks.

Jase

T

timelord

Tallaxo said:
Sadly enough I received a quote today , they are asking for £240 per diode from 1 - 50 and £221 from 55 to 99 units, this is way more than I had expected, so I wont be following this up,

Sorry folks.

Jase
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
At least you tried Jase ;)

S

SenKat

Dang - since they are so proud of them, they should come with your choice of CAR as a free gift ! WOW that is entirely too much.

if only there was some company that did over 200mw diodes for a good price :(