Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

50 mW green focusable laser?

Okay im relatively new to these forums but I have been looking at lasers for a long time. I even tried to build a blu ray one at some point but it failed miserably because I cant solder well :(

BUT I think I have found the laser for what I want in a laser. small burning power, low cost, AND relatively safe.

But the question is...Should I buy this laser? Is it any good??

(Also if so what type goggles should I buy)

Buy SD-301 Focusable 50mw 532nm Green Laser Pointer with Safety Key Lock (Black) in US$ 30.19 in Low Price- Free Shipping

The laser looks nicely, but... If you are new like me I'll buy the DealExtreme "True Green Laser Pen 5mW", but BE CAREFUL, it is sometimes really overspec. (I've bought it but it still didn't come! I've ordered it on 23.11.2011 (dd.mm.yyyy), but according to some research other people usually don't have this problem)

Back to that 50mW laser:
You NEED some goggles that protect you against 532nm wavelenght!!!
You probably do not need some super expensive goggles for this laser (50mW). I will recommend some GOOD goggles that protect you against 532nm radiation.

There are some really cheap goggles avaiable (around 5$) - at Focalprice but I will NOT recommend to use them with this laser - they protect enough for 532nm <200mW - the dot is barely visible but they let some IR light through (according to some reviews from LPF - I don't remember from what review I got this info). The IR light that comes through CAN be enough to damage your eyes, so if your laser is not IR filtered, do not buy these goggles.

IF ANYTHING I SAID IS WRONG, CORRECT ME PLEASE!!!

EDIT: Ah, I didn't notice that Haloid95 already answered you :)

Last edited: