Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

4watt rifle stile laser

imagine one of these:
http://www.microlaserlabs.com/products-page/beam-combiner-kits/quad-beam-combiner-elite/
with 4 445 lasers and 8 18650 battaries in series...

thats the jist of my idea... a 4 watt (semi) handheld unit... like a rifle.
I would put the 8 battaries in pairs and hook them to 4 seperate drivers going to each of the 4 laser modules... all somehow hooked up to a single switch...

my goal is to keep it 4 seperate lasers. 4 diodes 4 drivers 4 pairs of battaries... all built to one trigger like switch... with maybe a scope on top... to shoot ballons from miles away :)

the battaries would fit in a removable "cartrige" like housing so you pop the cartrige out and recharge all 8 at once.

what do you think?
my biggest issue is getting 4 seperate battary banks to 4 seperate diodes without mixing them at the switch... what kind of switch can connect 4 circuits simultaneously and seperately.

Think if the grounds are separate, you can use a single pole switch...

Gonna need to add some corrective optics to get any range though.

rhd

Honestly, I would be a happy person if I could just figure out where to actually purchase adjustable mirror mounts at a semi-affordable price. Like the generic ones - that practically everyone on PL has different versions/styles of in their projectors/builds.

Maybe that's a good job for eMachineShop ?

Honestly, I would be a happy person if I could just figure out where to actually purchase adjustable mirror mounts at a semi-affordable price. Like the generic ones - that practically everyone on PL has different versions/styles of in their projectors/builds.

Maybe that's a good job for eMachineShop ?
They are not hard to make, I think most on PL are making their
own versions fairly cheap..

ya i figured id need a decent lense... not to mention the custom host lol
To achieve what you are thinking, you need either cylindrical lenses or
a prism pair, and an expander unless the first two could cover overall
divergence..

Good optics are going to be needed or your losses will just keep adding up :banghead:

The host will be the least of your worries :D

They are not hard to make, I think most on PL are making their
own versions fairly cheap..

To achieve what you are thinking, you need either cylindrical lenses or
a prism pair, and an expander unless the first two could cover overall
divergence..

Good optics are going to be needed or your losses will just keep adding up :banghead:

The host will be the least of your worries :D
i was thinking multiple lenses... but i never though of a prism pair... ill have to do some research. but first ill have to get the easy parts done... getting 4 lasers :) and the psb cube.

thanks for the tip :)
till i get the funds scratched up ill just get some time playin with my 1.3 watters and pick some locks in my free time.

rhd

They make them ?

Wouldn't you need fabrication tools / CNC machines?