Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

473nm laser module "labby" 10mW+ - $75

I have a 473nm 10mW blue laser module for sale. It's a nice CNI head with all sorts of fun parts in there should you want to tear it apart. I would advise you don't though as this is one of the better of the e-bay 473's. I removed the pickoff from this laser and it now runs several times brighter, the good part is it stays stable like this. It's rock steady with no modehopping at all if you let it warm up for 2-5 minutes.

blue2015.jpg

If you want you can put the pickoff back on. That will limit the laser to 10mW, or it is supposed to limit it to 10mW. It does appear to run close to 10mW and it doesn't need much of a warmup period at all to get stable. I think there is a light on the driver that indicates when it is running stable that will light up too.

blue2009.jpg

I've also read that you can "pot mod" these lasers pretty easily. I never tried on this one, it's still "stock." I think the thread is over on PL, you might find it if you search for it.

blue2016.jpg

This laser does have a divergence issue though, as all of these modules do. They can be fixed relatively easily, there's a thread here about using a broken green module or something as a beam expander. Everything stayed contained inside the module, nothing hanging off the front.

blue2021.jpg

I’m asking $75 shipped for this laser, only because it is really sable and I’ll guarantee that it works (unlike e-bay!)

Oh! I can't take paypal, only Google checkout. If you have a credit/debit card you can pay with google checkout in a few minutes. I can't take paypal, even if you try asking real nice I will still have to say no :p
Thanks for looking!!