Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

473 nm Crystal set from Pen

Hiemal

Hey guise.

Well, I got some failed project scraps that I won't be attempting to play around with anymore....

Basically, Woodofcville had an Aquarius pen up for sale a while ago, yet the thing didn't quite work anymore due to overvoltage (he had accidentally put a 3.7 v cell in instead of a 3 volt cell)...

I got the pen a while ago and have torn it apart, in hopes of successfully making a new 473 nm pen out of it.

http://i.imgur.com/PfLfSvm.jpg

That is uh, what remains of it. That's the crystal set, with the focusing lens, and IR filter inside. Basically, in my head it was as simple as "align, get 473 nm photons" when in all actuality that didn't end up that way at all.

The crystal set inside should be fine. When I had initially gotten the laser it lased VERY VERY VERY dimly (I found the pump diode had died, along with the driver) so the crystal set should be okay. It had never been subjected to hammer blows or anything ridiculous like that (I took it apart slowly using snips, I have the scars on my hands to prove it!)

Everything inside is still aligned, so maybe someone with a little more patience than I could get it working again...

I'm asking $17 for it, plus $1.62 shipping. I'm also up for offers so please, shoot them my way.

Thanks for looking.

Blord

How about $18 shipped to Belgium ?

I don't know if you manage to sent it international.

You still need international shipping. It's easily going to cost $5-$10 to ship.

If you also ship to Germany - I'll take it for €25 (plus shipping) :knight:

Hiemal

Sorry, yeah, I'm back. I can't do international shipping since we don't have an actual post office near campus, so I have no way of obtaining customs forms.

Mrcrouse has dibs since he was the first one to send me a PM that's in the USA, sorry psch. :<

Paypal Sent! I have high hopes of putting this into a custom heatsink, and possibly host. ;)

You're in for HELL trying to realign this, just so you know ;)

But, I will be looking forward to seeing your progress!

That's why I have no intention of ripping apart the optics in the head. ;)

hopefully this isn't too bad of an etiquette breach, but as there was interest - i have the x-tal set from a b+w 473 mounted on a functioning tec i don't need. made a FS thread for it:wave:

Last edited: