Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

45W Argon $650

I see 460V 3 phase 4 wire all the time on ancient grid in NY/NJ. a better solution is to just buy a small transformer for a few C notes.

This is like 45 minutes from my house. VERY tempted to drive out there and pick it up. I might have to sell my latest Ehgemus build to help afford it.

yobresal,

I've been advised that this tube is probably at high pressure.

They have no photos of it actually lasing, and if it actually worked, there would be a photo of it. Not to mention, apparently even the very best of these units could 10 - maybe 15W maximum.

Just thinking it would be wise to email them for a phone call first about it, before wasting 45 min of gas on a "boat anchor".

LSRFAQ

What is the dash number on the tube sticker? ie 171-xx

I've seen 171 whitelights when new do 15-17 W when pushed, just after install. 13 watts is a more reasonable number.
However my concern is that its a Krypton (5-6 watts) or a Argon, ie 22-25 watts when new.

SP got tired of making three different stickers, and late 171s had the same sticker, be they Argon, Krypton, or Whitelight. So the dash number tells all.

45 watts is just warniing sticker power, which is always much higher then the actual rated capability or even above the tubes "physics" limits.

Steve

Last edited: