Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

45W 532nm

ZRTMWA

I rarely venture into the industrial section of CNI's website and when I did I happened upon the 45W 532nm laser:

http://www.cnilaser.com/PDF/HPL-532-Q.pdf

Now I am wondering, what the hell is one of these lasers used for?? I thought lasers used for cutting were generally in the IR range. And I don't think someone would throw down that kind of money for pretty beam shots.

That's basically CNIs version of a Laserscope YAG. Laserscope systems are intended for surgery, but are frequently put to use doing large scale beam shows at outdoor events like stadium concerts, etc..

LMAO if the green output is 45W imagine the ir output!!
:lasergun:

ZRTMWA

I don't think its IR filtered so its 45 W total including IR. How many mW's or W's of IR do you think it has?

There is a huge typo. The Average output is 10-45W but the peak output is 10-45kW's.

Last edited:

ZRTMWA

How would you use a laser like this at a concert show? Just pointed up at the sky? Imagine if that got in your eye.

You mean 450mW, or was that a joke?

well i know at concerts and at large stadiums they use around 25-30W for their RGB scaners. I guess its so you have the nice fat visible beam so you can see from al angles. Im pretty sure at that power they will make sure it does not go into the crowd.

reminds me of a video i was watching where a guy was filming a rock band up on stage and their laser scanned the crowd, broke his cameras sensor and blinded a few people!

I'll try find the link for you!

No joke.. 45 watts of green. In fact, the very first person to use Laserscopes for shows is (or was) a member here.. The folks who use them for shows are professionals who would never allow the beam to reach anywhere near eye level for anyone in the venue. It's all about careful show planning.

Pulsed lasers can easily reach into the kilowatts per pulse since the pulses are so short. These lasers are pulsed at many kilohertz, which results in a beam with an average power of 45W. No typo.

Last edited:
Plus, the next time you're on Jupiter, you can call home, have the 'Ol lady fire it up, and see where you live....

(PS: I'm in the middle of a show right now, audience scanning .... J/K)

LOL.. hey brew i got to talk to you about a scanpro 20 some time.. its lunch now so ill ttyl

diachi

No joke.. 45 watts of green. In fact, the very first person to use Laserscopes for shows is (or was) a member here.. The folks who use them for shows are professionals who would never allow the beam to reach anywhere near eye level for anyone in the venue. It's all about careful show planning.

Pulsed lasers can easily reach into the kilowatts per pulse since the pulses are so short. These lasers are pulsed at many kilohertz, which results in a beam with an average power of 45W. No typo.

The very first person to use a laserscope for show use also built his own pulsed Nd:YAG system capable of 60W of green, at which power it will ionize air when focused to a point. He fired it up to 42.7W at PACOLEM a few months ago. Of course when he built it he had access to a large professional laser lab( I think he may have been working for spectra-physics at the time, if not some other large company ).

For a good time, check this thread: http://laserpointerforums.com/f48/west-coast-laserists-meet-lots-pictures-40489.html

About half way down the first post there are some pics of a Laserscope-type laser system (the one Diachi described in the previous post) and it's creator burning wood with it at around 43W. It's highly impressive.. (and before anyone freaks out about the fact that he doesn't have goggles on, notice the fact that he always keeps his eyes behind the wood..)

Last edited:

ZRTMWA

I just found out the CNI 45W costs 26,000 euro or $37,273.60.

ZRTMWA

OMG that thing is amazing. I officially give the word to anyone that wants to threadjack this as long as they can top a 325W 532nm laser :).

Should I email coherent and ask how much that costs?