Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

4500mW Blue and 800mW Green at Bitlasers

Can you make a TRUE 5 mw Blue in either 460nm 462nm 465nm in a Torch Style Host using 16340 etc. with power cerificate? 4.0- 5.5 mw ?

Price ?

Despite low and safe power in this Color it should have a nice beam ( focus lens will help IF beam is square - right ?)

Almost as visible as Green or at least
clearly visible in dark?

Last edited:

Grix

Can you make a TRUE 5 mw Blue in either 460nm 462nm 465nm in a Torch Style Host using 16340 etc. with power cerificate? 4.0- 5.5 mw ?

Price ?

Despite low and safe power in this Color it should have a nice beam ( focus lens will help IF beam is square - right ?)

Almost as visible as Green or at least
clearly visible in dark?

I apologize but I do not think I will be able to build such a laser. All 460nm+ diodes I know about and can easily source are very high power, so much so that the threshold current is high enough to exceed 5mW even at the lowest current setting.

It also wouldn't really be nearly as visible as green I'm afraid. Doubtful that the beam would be even be noticeable without smoke.

Hey Grix, were needing a sponsor here at the forum (hint, hint)

That would be a good opportunity if I wanted to grow this store into my day job, but I'm not really looking for that now, for several reasons. One is that I am still a university student and a bit busy with studies for the time being :)

Last edited:
I apologize but I do not think I will be able to build such a laser. All 460nm+ diodes I know about and can easily source are very high power, so much so that the threshold current is high enough to exceed 5mW even at the lowest current setting.

It also wouldn't really be nearly as visible as green I'm afraid. Doubtful that the beam would be even be noticeable without smoke.

power bank wholesale
power bank factory
power bank manufacturer
power bank supplier
power bank
card reader
data cable
charger
car charger
balance scooter
power bank
kingree power bank
pineng power bank
perkin power bank
exmight power bank
arun power bank
aixun power bank

Thanks for the response.

I have read accounts of the Zbolt Sapphire Blue 5 mw laser having a visible beam outside by Astronomy Users even near Cities ...it is about half
as bright as Green...however it is 450nm with APC.

There are 460nm offerred in pen hosts by Berlin Lasers and a few others but maybe they are not really 460nm.

IF I get reliable info of a Diode that will work at low power in a better Wavelength than 450nm I will let you know for a quote...

Thanks again..

Pman

I don't like to see 520nm as a "rare" green as it isn't anymore. I couldn't get the link to work.

Rivem

I don't like to see 520nm as a "rare" green as it isn't anymore. I couldn't get the link to work.

I agree. I like the diode green or forest green descriptors more. "Rare" is definitely a bit misleading now.

I agree. I like the diode green or forest green descriptors more. "Rare" is definitely a bit misleading now.

Yeah, especially since you can get some 520nm diodes for under $50 now. Same with 515nm diodes, those things can be had for under $100, so pretty common nowadays :)

-Alex

Last edited:

Grix

^
Well that is true for us enthusiasts but there's no getting away from the fact that the vast majority of pointers sold are still DPSS. If you search on aliexpress for just "green laser" for example, only one single ad out of the fifty or so results on the front page is 520nm.

But I have changed the title to Forest Green as suggested anyway. Thanks for the feedback!

By the way Pman, what do you mean by couldn't get the link to work? What happens exactly?

Last edited:
Thanks for the response.

I have read accounts of the Zbolt Sapphire Blue 5 mw laser having a visible beam outside by Astronomy Users even near Cities ...it is about half
as bright as Green...however it is 450nm with APC.
From my exp with a 500mW 450nm Im having hard time believing anyone could see a 5mW blue in the night sky let alone a city night sky. Possibly it was a typo or the person mispoke. 450nm is very difficult beam to see even at 250mW IME.

Last edited:

Grix

Hey Grix,

Excited about your lasers. However, do you think it would be possible to build one in a host that has a power button on its side instead of an end? I'm ready to pay extra money for that.

Hi,
Actually yes, I happen to have a Guidesman flashlight host with a side button clicky host laying around that I can build into laser for you if you are interested. Looks like this (the silver one): http://laserpointerforums.com/attachments/f64/31569d1298234620-delete-2011-02-20-16.28.15.jpg

The price would be the same as on the website for the lasers that is normally in the larger C2 host, but 20$ extra if you want a laser that is normally in the cheaper WF-501b host (such as the 1300mW blue on my website).

Be aware that the host is a bit old, it's been in my parts box for years, so it might have a little bit of wear, like some minor scratches here and there. I can take a proper picture if you want.

Last edited:
Hi,
Actually yes, I happen to have a Guidesman flashlight host with a side button clicky host laying around that I can build into laser for you if you are interested. Looks like this (the silver one): http://laserpointerforums.com/attachments/f64/31569d1298234620-delete-2011-02-20-16.28.15.jpg

The price would be the same as on the website for the lasers that is normally in the larger C2 host, but 20$ extra if you want a laser that is normally in the cheaper WF-501b host (such as the 1300mW blue on my website).

Be aware that the host is a bit old, it's been in my parts box for years, so it might have a little bit of wear, like some minor scratches here and there. I can take a proper picture if you want.

Hi Grix,
Sorry for the delayed answer. I'm in if the offer is still valid. I want a 800mW 520 nm.