Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

445's and blues

Currently there are two boards for blue lasers. The 445 board, and the blue/yellow/other board. I'm well aware this was brought to question before...

At first, it was more of a necessity with the 445s flooding in to have its own board in an effort not to flood the other colors with blues, but now that things have slowed down a bit, is there any need to keep 473's in a separate board from 445's? The necessity is pretty much null and void at this point. After all, the 520's are going in the green section just fine...

There are always 445 threads being stuffed in the blue/yellow/other section on top of that...

Anybody else think that the two boards, 445nm lasers and blue/yellow/other should be switched to:
Blue lasers
Yellow/Orange/UV/IR lasers

I'd be happy to dig the appropriate threads out of the blue/yellow/other section to move if this happens and if a mod is up to some spring cleaning.
*coughs* things? *coughs*

Yea there has been a growing interest in 473nm aqua lasers. Yea id be good with combining all ~400 range lasers as "Blue"

I'd even be supportive of breaking it into three...

blues

yellow/orange

uv/ir

just sayin'...
:)

I consider the 405nm section big enough to be left on its own. Combining that and the 445 section would be a bit too massive. Plus 405nm looks purple to a lot of members (including myself)

While there is an interest in 473's, its a rather small group. Combining 473's and 445's wouldn't really make a massive supersection like clumping 405's in there would...

Edit: the reason I didn't suggest 3 is the lack of posts between yellows, oranges, IR and UV. Its doable, but its making some really tiny sections. I wouldn't be opposed to it personally though.

Last edited: