Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

445nm diode MURDER thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 8382
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 8382

I don't understand how anyone hasn't done this yet. Since they are so damn cheap, I purpose to buy 2 of these together and to torture them. First one at 1W until it dies. If it hasn't died in 100 hours, we leave it running and push the second to 1.5W until it dies.

Does that sound ok? Post your suggestions.

Voluntaries to murder them? IgorT? Flaminpyro?

Unless EF lowers the price to the community, we need 100$. I don't have money to collaborate actually, so I thought I would help by organizing this. You can send your donations via paypal at:

hallucynogenyc@yahoo.es

Please, mark them as personal transfer to avoid paypal taxes. Indicate your LPF username so that I can add you to the donators list :)

100$ to go

Donators list:

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm willing to donate 2 diodes to this cause, but I need to figure out who the best person to do it will be. I'd prefer it if any murder test is conducted that the power be carefully graphed, and the voltage and current be precisely monitored.. It will have to be someone with experience and the proper tools. I'm thinking Hemlock Mike or Lasersbee..

Last edited:
Donating $5 now, it isn't much, but I have a promiss to fulfill, and I'll be damned if I let that promiss fall by the way side.

EDIT: You want $5? Or the equivalent in your currency?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8382

That's very kind of you, are you sure you don't want us to pay for it's cost? Public data, public cost, at least that's the way I understand it. Anyway, if you want to assume all the costs, I'm not gonna be the one stopping you :)

You're free to chose whoever you want to torture them anyway, I said names just as suggestions, HMike or Jerry are perfect IMO too.

I made it this way just because it's the way it was done with the 12x diodes :D

@Jellycrab: first wait for EF to confirm it :)

daguin

That's very kind of you, are you sure you don't want us to pay for it's cost? Public data, public cost, at least that's the way I understand it. Anyway, if you want to assume all the costs, I'm not gonna be the one stopping you :)

You're free to chose whoever you want to torture them anyway, I said names just as suggestions, HMike or Jerry are perfect IMO too.

I made it this way just because it's the way it was done with the 12x diodes :D

@Jellycrab: first wait for EF to confirm it :)

. . .or drlava

Peace,
dave

definitely a great choice as well, if he's willing. You'd be a good choice too, Dave..

daguin

definitely a great choice as well, if he's willing. You'd be a good choice too, Dave..

I'm not set up to monitor it effectively. I could do a total time with periodic, manual checks. That would be fine for my personal knowledge. However, for forum research, even I would want to know more precisely than that ;)

Peace,
dave

Dave is awesome for these tests. I suggest HMike as well.

EF, thanks for donating the diodes to the cause, I really appreciate it.

I don't have the torture testing equipment to do this. I just turn up the current and look for a knee (kink). I found the upper current limit of the 405 diode when the tiny die connection wires acted as a fuse :-(
HMike

Well, I'm just donating, so whenevr I'm allowed to, I will :D Still no answer on what currency you'd like it in...

D

Deleted member 8382

EF last message was that he was going to give them away for free. Unless he changes his mind, there will be no donations.

True, I was talking about donations for doing it (if he payed for it all) for helping the forum. Like a pat on the back...but it's still only $5 ...

Guys -- If you want to contribute, buy a $50 diode and contribute data. That's what we're about. Sooooo many posts only fog the incoming data.
BUY AND BUILD......
HMike

D

Deleted member 8382

we already know many of you are gonna posts graphs soon. But until what power? Are you really going to push it until it dies? The purpose of this thread is exactly that one. To know what the limit is. Once we know it, we can all graph ours below that point without risking our budget :)

Before posting power graphs will come the challange of the optics. This isn't an LOC or 405. Sooo many posts bury the transfer of info. That's why long ago I asked for an "experimenters" forum but it won't happen here.
HMike

D

Deleted member 8382

So the project gets cancelled. EF is going to donate 2 diodes!