Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

445 power output

nkoppk

I decided to turn my portable into a lab style laser to get more power and less heat.I was using a host with the driver set to 1.25a from survival laser.I took it apart and mounted the heatsink to a large heatsink i have with a fan attac hed.To power it I'm using my Mastech HY1530EX variable power supply.At 4.6 volts and 2 amps what do you estimate the power level to be?It hardly gets warm after a few mins of run time,has a brighter beam,and has way more burning power than before.Now i just need to find a nice looking case to put it in.

I personal would not go to 2A. 1.8A Seems to be the most I personally would go. You will not see that much of an incress in power from 1.8A to 2A. If at most you want to go to 1.9Amps this is all your decision.

But As Observing DTR's Test and what he has said. 1.8A is where he and including me feel comfortable setting it at. So i would defiantly take his advise as he has set so many 445nm laser at that power.:)

But for you to get 2 Watts plus regardless you will need the 405-G-1 lens. With the Aixiz 405/445nm lens you should get around ~1750mW at 1.8amps

Here is a Great video of him trying to kill a 445nm diode. You can see where the diode cuts out at. Also remember Diodes very. You can see at around 2A the diode starts to dim down the cuts off soon after.

Hope this helps.:)

Good luck.:beer:

Last edited:

nkoppk

oh,ok i will keep it at 1.8a so it lasts for awhile.Since i'm using a power supply i would like to buy a few more 445's and combine them for a high power setup(5 watts would be nice).What is needed to combine several beams to one,is there a write up on this somewhere on the site?

Kevlar

oh,ok i will keep it at 1.8a so it lasts for awhile.Since i'm using a power supply i would like to buy a few more 445's and combine them for a high power setup(5 watts would be nice).What is needed to combine several beams to one,is there a write up on this somewhere on the site?

2 of the most common ways to combine 2 beams would be to use a PBS cube or to knife edge them.

Check this link for knife edge: Laser Man - KNIFE EDGING

And this one for PBS cube: Laser Man - POLARIZED CUBED BEAMSPITTERS

Last edited: