Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

445 nm 2W Laserpointer or module

Hello,
I already presented myself :) in the welcome area.
I'm searching for an around 2W 445nm Laser. I would take an complete pointer with safety Googles as an kit :). Or if that is not possible to ship fast to Germany I also would take a module, Driver, host, lens and build one on my own. My question is where is best place to buy an complete Laser kit with Googles? Or the single parts from one source? the importance is that the shops can deliver to Germany without problems.

Thanks for your help
Best regards
Nico

You could buy from Grix, he is a member here: BitLasers his parts bundles require minimal assembly and ship from Norway so I expect that should be quick. Survival Laser is another good one, also owned by a member here: Survival Laser International Home I think they ship to Germany, but they ship from the U.S. their complete laser parts bundles also require minimal assembly, just put together a few parts no soldering required. They are one of our main sources of laser parts.

Alan

and some extra info for you..

go to DTR laser shop for Diodes/Module/Lens/Complete laser module combo.

Lazeerer/Flamingpyro for drivers.

LarryDFW for Battery.

Survival laser for Host/Kit/Battery/Safety goggles/

Eudainmonium/ FlamingPyro for custom heat sink(aluminium/copper) (means you can

turn any flashlight into a laser host.

Jayrob for build Kit.

Sci-fi/thejoker and Sanwu/Podo for pre-built high quality laser(they get their stuff through custom no problem.(Sanwu beat sci-fi in term of delivery time becaus Joker have a lot of orders).

Ehgemus/Sinner for custom hosts.

Hello,
thanks for your answers :):).
Sounds like good addresses to buy :). I just have to figure out what is th best shop with short and safe delivery times to germany :D:D. Also i search for an safety google. It should be one that leaves the beam visable but protects me against dangerous reflections. Which Google i have to use ? is it OD2-3 or 4 :):) Or is it another factor that stays for the protective factor.

thanks for your help
Best regards
Nico

Hello,
thanks for your answers :):).
Sounds like good addresses to buy :). I just have to figure out what is th best shop with short and safe delivery times to germany :D:D. Also i search for an safety google. It should be one that leaves the beam visable but protects me against dangerous reflections. Which Google i have to use ? is it OD2-3 or 4 :):) Or is it another factor that stays for the protective factor.

thanks for your help
Best regards
Nico

For safety glasses for a 445nm 2W laser you must have OD3 or better. No safety glasses will leave the beam visible, you will only see the dot, to view the beam you must do it without glasses. With 2W this must be done safely, you must not look at the dot up close or when burning, be sure there can be no accident, don't let it roll off a table or slip out of your hand. I once burned myself with a 1.5W laser that slipped out of my hand, after that and leaving burn marks in places I didn't intend too I quickly learned to be more careful. Viewing the beam is safe but a laser of that power will instantly blind you. Be careful not to burn anything you don't intend to.

I forgot about this place in the U.K. OdicForce They sell one type of glasses that would be good, most of us buy the glasses from Survival Laser, there are some cheaper ones sold on Amazon and eBay but for a 2W laser I don't recommend cheap glasses.

Alan

Hello,
thanks :) i look a litle and found 3 options at Survival Lasers

number 1:
Eagle Pair® 190-540nm & 800-1700nm OD5 Laser Safety Goggles

This would be cool because i have also an 100+mW 532nm Laser and this one produces also IR. Means i have an Google for Both Lasers then :)

( but my question is will this OD5+ leaves the Spot visable or is it to " Good" Protection that i can't even see the beam )

Number 2:
Eagle Pair® 190-540nm & 800-2000nm Laser Safety Goggles

Nearly same as above but only OD4

Number3:

Eagle Pair® 190-540nm Standard Laser Safety Goggles

Eagle Pair® 190-540nm Slip Over Laser Safety Goggles

( I can't see any different between these oth )

They woud be also practical because i habe to were Correction glasses :).

What is your oppinion
Best regards
Nico

diachi

Hello,
thanks :) i look a litle and found 3 options at Survival Lasers

number 1:
Eagle Pair® 190-540nm & 800-1700nm OD5 Laser Safety Goggles

This would be cool because i have also an 100+mW 532nm Laser and this one produces also IR. Means i have an Google for Both Lasers then :)

( but my question is will this OD5+ leaves the Spot visable or is it to " Good" Protection that i can't even see the beam )

Number 2:
Eagle Pair® 190-540nm & 800-2000nm Laser Safety Goggles

Nearly same as above but only OD4

Number3:

Eagle Pair® 190-540nm Standard Laser Safety Goggles

Eagle Pair® 190-540nm Slip Over Laser Safety Goggles

( I can't see any different between these oth )

They woud be also practical because i habe to were Correction glasses :).

What is your oppinion
Best regards
Nico

You will be able to see the dot (Although it won't be bright) when wearing the correct glasses, but not the beam. The whole point is that the glasses let very little light through at whatever wavelength they are designed for, so you can't see the beam because the light from it doesn't get through the glasses.

Both sets in option 3 have the same rating, just different styles.

Those will all work, number 1 and 2 will be very dark with only 20% visible light transmission, you might not like them. Since you wear glasses I would get the 4th one and just be careful with the green laser, 532nm is also near the edge of the range of those glasses so they will be less than OD4 for 532nm. I would buy those first and then buy something else later, your going to need more than one anyway. You will want more than 2 lasers and the blue one you will want to show it to a friend or family member sometimes to show it pop a balloon or burning through a DVD case always looks impressive to others who know nothing about lasers.

Alan

Hello,
i think i will take Number 4 :)

Also by the way im think of getting this Diode in Module from DTR

445nm 9mm Diode In Copper Module W/Leads &
405-G-2 Lens

Now i need a Driver, i think of an X Driver But i just Look around for Hosts. I think one good solution is the 16.8mm with 2400 mA. My Favourite will be a Boost that i can use one 3500mAh 18650. When this is not possible i would also take an Driver with 2400mA and for 2x Li-Ion ( step down ) than i would take 2x 18350 Batteries in.

Also im looking for an Host. I want something what is Big enough for like 2 min Duty cycle and compact enough for fit in the Pocket. Maybe Something like an Convoy C8 Flashlight or Some different in this Area.

DIY Stainless Steel Host Assembly, Extended and Tapered Heat Sink, Unmarked

i like this but maybe someone out of my region has something to sell :)

Best regards

Hello,
i think i will take Number 4 :)

Also by the way im think of getting this Diode in Module from DTR

445nm 9mm Diode In Copper Module W/Leads &
405-G-2 Lens

Now i need a Driver, i think of an X Driver But i just Look around for Hosts. I think one good solution is the 16.8mm with 2400 mA. My Favourite will be a Boost that i can use one 3500mAh 18650. When this is not possible i would also take an Driver with 2400mA and for 2x Li-Ion ( step down ) than i would take 2x 18350 Batteries in.

Also im looking for an Host. I want something what is Big enough for like 2 min Duty cycle and compact enough for fit in the Pocket. Maybe Something like an Convoy C8 Flashlight or Some different in this Area.

DIY Stainless Steel Host Assembly, Extended and Tapered Heat Sink, Unmarked

i like this but maybe someone out of my region has something to sell :)

Best regards

I built one with that diode and host using a round 2.2A Survival Laser driver, it is about 3W and I really like it but you won't get a 2 minute duty cycle, you need something way larger for that. Here is what I did:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f65/assembled-445nm-9mm-stainless-steel-host-pic-heavy-85997.html

Alan

Pman

Why not just buy a complete module with driver already installed and a host that comes prewired so all you have to do is connect a couple wires together, add batteries and you are done. Thought you were looking for simple as possible. If you've changed your mind then these guys have you covered on where to get pieces/parts. Pay attention to what is said concerning wait time from certain sellers though if you really want things quick;)

You should read through that build that PI linked as it does a good job taking you through a complete build although I'm sure he wouldn't recommend any battery with "fire" in its name these days.
I bet those batteries weren't as bad a couple years ago in comparison to the dangerous mess they are now.

Last edited:
Hello,
yes thats a thing buy everything complete but i think when i'll do that i will get Problems with customs here :). And also i want a longer duty cycle so i have to put Driver Thermally on the Host i plan to use :).

- So i now looked a little and the thing that is available to me and make the most sense as an host ist this C8. It has a lot better Building Quality than an Convoy Or UltraFire C8.

http://intl-outdoor.com/xintd-c8-v5-xml2-u4-multioption-18650-flashlight-p-308.html

- I want to use an Copper Heatsink for that ( a friend of mine can machine me one ) for 12mm Modules

- 445nm NDB7875 9mm Diode In Copper Module W/Leads &
405-G-2 Lens

- 16.8mm Contact Board ( i have silicon wires @ home from 0.14mm² to 4.5mm², and i have also berylium Copper Springs )

- Ive seen now that there is no 1x liion boost source up to 2.4A ( or am i wrong ) So here is the point i need your help :) , i want to use 2x 18350 in series then :). And i want a X Driver that Fits in the Pill of the C8 where normally the 20mm LED sits ( i think this is enough space so nearly any square X Driver would fit ) then i can thermally glue it to the Pill and i should have my 1-2 min cycles. But what i didn't understand is what is meant with " range 2 " and stuff like that ?

Does it gives modes on these drivers like on Flashlight ? Low, medium, High ? If that is the case :) i think it will be cool to have but not necessary. The Ramp up can stay if t is not to long then i problably would like it :).

Edit:

I now ordered :):):):):

- 445nm NDB7875 9mm Diode In Copper Module W/Leads &
405-G-2 Lens 90$

- 2.4A Super X-Drive (SXD-V3) 26$

I think this will be an okay Setup or what do you mean ?

Thanks for you Help
Best regards

Last edited:
Hello,
today the NDB7875 Module with G2 arrived and the Super X Drive V3 :):)

I have to say thanks to DTR for the superfast shipping ( 1 week ) to Germany
and the perfect nice building quality of the whole Module .

I also made a short test at my Power supply and im very happy with it :). But there stays some litlle square artefacts in the beam thats normal or ? because the diode produces a square beam :D or ? ( there is a like an crystal or so in the diode you see from frontal looking in that makes the normally round beam square or ? )

I have made some Photos and right now im only waiting for my new protection glasses and the special Heatsink. :):) I think you will like it, its also something with a little Glow in the Dark.

Best regards
Nico

Last edited: