Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

445 nm 1 watt laser with BIG LENSES

Hello, i am new, check out my photos on 445nm 1 watt laser with BIG LENSE, focal lenght of 6 feet. Burns wood in less then 1 sec. Not bad for quality optics. Lenses came out of semiconductor industry, photo stepper, got on line at auction site. Lense is 19 inches long and with output opening of 5 inches. The input side is 3 and 1/2 inches. Beam focus into nice round dot.
COOL LASER

3745-004.jpg

That thing is EPIC!

Rob

Morgan

Do you think it'll fit in my flashlight host? :D

Is that an O-like module on a really tiny crate in a really tiny house? :crackup:

Just about borders on laser pointer I guess... A bit labby perhaps?

Just kidding, that looks awesome!

M
:)

DrSid

I can't find the pictures .. can anybody post direct link please ?

Focal distance of 6 feet ? Isn't that a bit too long for this diode ? Is it planiconvex lens ? Are there any other lens ?
I tried something like that, but I never had appropriate lens. Even common loupes have too LONG focal distance and I could not colimate the beam with single lens. I could achieve colimation with any large lens I found (even my 114mm Newton telescope mirror), but only if I used the common laser lens to 'prepare' the beam to divergence needed for that specific lens .. which in result steals so much energy, that it is useless for burning (at least with 200mW red).

Last edited:

DrSid

its under community/pictures camcam990 posted today

Yep .. that is exactly I did not know how to enter. But thanks ! Now I know.

Btw. is it really dot ? It shouldn't be, without any correction. Can you make picture via glasses ?
Also now I understand those 6 feet .. that is distance you have focused the laser to, right ? But 'focal distance' is something different, that is distance at which colimated beam will focus into point, and it seems to be what you call 'lens length'.

Last edited:

Morgan

You know you can post a direct link camcam990?

You hover over the album and right click. Go to, "Copy Shortcut", and then paste that link into your post. It's what I did above.

If for some reason you can't do that then someone may need directions. DrSid said he couldn't find them so he needed more than the location.

He should be fine now anyway though, just for future reference. :D

[EDIT: He IS fine now! He posted as I was writing.]

M

DrSid

Sorry for my stupidity .. generally every forum on the internet uses the same software .. but I saw this function used for the first time today !

beam focus into dot at 6 feet and starts burning, right away, the camera image is a bit out of focus,
I tried to get good shot but my camera is not the best

Morgan

Sorry for my stupidity .. generally every forum on the internet uses the same software .. but I saw this function used for the first time today !

N/P, it's not a place I visit much either. Too busy in public! There's some nice pics in there too, not just of this laser.

I think the dot is either flaring to appear round in the pic but is actually a bar in real life or the, 'bar', is being clipped inside the optics to give a round beam.

M