Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

40W+ 445nm laser kit

Wow those batteries are nuts!! Well the whole thing is nuts!! Handheld? Very impressive mr Trent.

You are the mad scientist of LPF. Wkuld like to see how easy you can align the knife edge mirrors using those arms. May not be a stable enough platform for them or it may be difficult to get decent alignment when so many points to tighten down.

Now... I'm not much of a diode guy.

However.

Damn.

That would be sick!

PL might like to see your design for their projectors :)

JLSE

Interesting design, though im not sure if I would call that 'handheld' as much as I would 'portable' My last build with 3 LD's was so big, I almost called it portable,, but 18 diodes!! Damn thats crazy. Nice work either way :beer:

Reactions: ped

ped

^^ as well as JLSE's concerns , I'd also imagine that those KE mirror mounts would go out of alignment with even a moderate knock, which will happen in a handheld.

JLSE

^^ as well as JLSE's concerns , I'd also imagine that those KE mirror mounts would go out of alignment with even a moderate knock, which will happen in a handheld.

I think the heat would be a major contributor to that as well. I had to play
around with several designs for 3 x 9mm running at 2.1A and solid optic mounts
yet the beam would still come out of alignment even with a lot of mass and active cooling.

If no mirrors were involved it would greatly reduce certain issues. It may
be quite a challenge to keep them all in line.

I think the host for such a laser would be well matched with something shoulder
mounted, like a laser bazooka!! :evil:

NKO29

IDK about you guys but IDC if it's not portable! i just want to see this beast in action!

Yeah I would like to see it work too. Handheld or not. But yeah I wouldn't call it handheld

If it got bumped it could come out of alignment ,but you can line it back up easily. Just have to tighten all parts good and tight. As far as a hand held my AR 15 /or AR 10 would be heavier. :yh:
As for heat I do not think it would move much if you kept the run time under 60 sec. 3 modules will be easy, but I know 18 will be very hard and take a lot of time. I hope to come up with a cool host to put around it. Something like this. eBay item number: 300978377865

Interesting design, though im not sure if I would call that 'handheld' as much as I would 'portable' My last build with 3 LD's was so big, I almost called it portable,, but 18 diodes!! Damn thats crazy. Nice work either way :beer:

You'll find out the hard way that mounts in this system need to be incredibly rigid. But finding out the hard way is still finding out. :beer:

New product by none other than ricktrent of LPF: the photonic railgun :p

I'm wondering aloud if some sort of heat-sensitive bi-metal springs could be cleverly worked out to actually provide steering as they warmed up and resist the way operating heat would warp the knife-edge optics mounts.

thanks ! I know if I had 3 arms it would be a lot easier to line up LOL. or a friend in town that like laser as much as I do.

You'll find out the hard way that mounts in this system need to be incredibly rigid. But finding out the hard way is still finding out. :beer: