Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

405nm PBS cubes $50 laser-wave

okay so this is sort of a group buy since they arent in my hands yet but i wanted to do a group buy on the pbs cubes so i can get these in everybodys hands asap!

cost will be $50 for each pbs cube

shipping in the US will be $6.50 (usps priority with insurance and shipping confirmation)

shipping anywhere else will be $12.50

(this is without insurance and tracking, if you would like insurance and tracking expect a minumum of $24 outside of the US)
(when buying multiple units shipping stays the same)

i accept paypal *****thesk8nmidget[at]yahoo[dot]com******
when sending payment you must add you user name and what you are buying.

[highlight]Final Prices:
USA- $56.50
Outside US- $62.50
Outside US w/ tracking and insurance and express $75
[/highlight]

please feel free to ask any questions and i will also be getting the last 3 405nm goggles with this shipment and some rgb goggles. if anyone would like goggles or anything else from laser wave please let me know and i can simply add it to the shipment to save you shipping prices from china.

artix

mmykle said:
Err... pardon the stupid question, but what is a pbs cube?

A [highlight]P[/highlight]olarizing [highlight]B[/highlight]eam [highlight]S[/highlight]plitter.

It can split one laser in two or combine two lasers into one.

mmykle

Oh! I thought that was called a dichro. Is that something different?

roSSco

mmykle said:
Oh! I thought that was called a dichro. Is that something different?
Dichro=different wavelengths
PBS=same wavelength

I think that's right.

artix

roSSco said:
[quote author=mmykle link=1229577625/0#5 date=1229823111]Oh! I thought that was called a dichro. Is that something different?
Dichro=different wavelengths
PBS=same wavelength

I think that's right.[/quote]

That is right!

Hey thesk8nmidget...
the PBS cubes are good for what Wavelength range... :-?

Jerry

reply from laser wave
"for the PBS , more short the wavelength , more shorter bandwidth , for this 405nm , it come have 20nm bandwidth"

and sizes are 10mm and 15mm

your choice. same price.

im gonna go ahead and order 5 for now and then can sell them once i get them in hand if anyone would like one let me know so you can for sure get one.

and if we need more than 5 let me know asap and i can order more. im getting a few lasers with this order so i can add to it til it ships out from them which could be a week or two

mmykle

So you could combine two beams into one thats twice as strong? How hard would it be to build a little set up that had the two lasers properly combined?

suiraM

So, 10x10x10mm or 15x15x15mm, AR coated for 405nm±20nm, no mount?

I think I'll take at least one, if the packaging is good, but I'll have to figure out which size I need first.

Also, I'll have to figure out what customs will say; usually, commercial goods at $50/ea will incur about 100% customs fees.

suiraM

The ones in the PHR sleds are 5x5x5mm, if memory serves.

And I'm guessing he meant $5, in which case I will definitely take some.

Optotronics charges $25 apiece for the 15x15x15mm broadband types, so it couldn't have been $50.

(That should teach me not to review GB prices while drinking my Christmas presents...)

these are $50 (fifty)

and the phr sleds have tiny cubes

the ones at optotronics are broadband coated these will result in a lose in power.

these cubes are ar coated for 405nm which will minimize the loss quite a bit!

suiraM

Don't suppose you could convince them to throw in a linear polarizer and quarter wave retarder on the output side, and a half wave retarder on the auxillary input side (i.e. beam joiner with optical isolator on the output)?

That might make the price difference worth it to me. :cool: