Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

405nm diode noob question.:)

ihigh

During my learning procces about lasers i was building a 405nm laser. Im not a hero with the solderblob. so what happend is that my driver started to melt. it defn. was broken. Shame i had no reserve drivers for those 3 x 405nm diodes i still had rotten away. Long delivery times in combination with a massive dose of aDHD made me just skip it. i conntected those diodes straight on 2x cr123 3,6v batt. and i tell u, it was very powerfull. the laser burned stuff like hell. Later i fcked those up by connect them on a 9v block lol. Now the question i got : what for do i need a driver caus whyle i use it paralel on 2x 3,6v cr123 the output is insane.

You will kill the diodes with current spikes! You may have gotten away with it so far, but trust Me your diodes will DIE!

ihigh

ah thnx man. so i might just been lucky there. i remember when i plugged that 9v bat. on the diode i seen a very small white flash. after that one it didnt show any signs of life. indeed it died. lol i had a 12v car accu standing ready for more exp haha

The others you hooked up may have been degraded, but you won't know for sure until you get more drivers on hand.