Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

405 PHR/Waterproof/adjustable :)

Ive been throwing this design around for a while now... under the insperation from forum member iskor12... I built it.:)

I't simple to the point where I wanted to post it to share the idea. So go build yerself one;)

A rayfoss host... I prefere a shiny host, very solid build BTW

I used a PHR set at 120mA IIRC and V4 driver aycrlic lens that is brand new. Next time I'm going w/6X:beer:V5 w/Aixiz 405nm lens. the tail end was modified to use a spring as well.

How I build my mods is what pulls this off... I like to tail spring these units.

the unit press fit very snuggly into that host...:drool: perfect to the eye's straight.

I used a small copper ring to press into the void space around the upper most part of the modul .150 of space I'm guessing.

the focussing part comes from a firewall grommet from the automotive sector.

with carefull assembly and a little patince you have a totaly watertight
adjustable burning violet laser.

thank you and have a good day

PS. thank you Heath,:bowdown: for the insperation... I wish a could incorperate that glowing ring in there, but it's not going to work out.:beer:

Last edited:

:gj:did you make the heatsink or it came with the host?

EDIT:how to you adjust it?

Last edited:
The now famous water shot is pending... LOL!! would it be better if I could round up a white shark with it in it's mouth. Trust me it is about as waterproof as it gets.

I would hate to compromise the quality of the build w/ a watershot from a kiddy pool.
as soon as I can find a Roman bath house I will get the shot.

Other than that you'll have to take my word for it.

The units head twist for adjustment...I would have a tighter focus w/ a better lens assembly of course (this is a work in progress and remember... I posted the next version allready), but this one is completely waterproof and focusable...Burns nicely.

Thank you for complements.

Ive been throwing this design around for a while now... under the insperation from forum member iskor12... I built it.:)

PS. thank you Heath,:bowdown: for the insperation... I wish a could incorperate that glowing ring in there, but it's not going to work out.:beer:

Inspiration...is the reason why I made that waterproof laser. I don't want people to be hesitant to try something new. I am glad that I managed to inspire you to make something totally awesome!!:)

I really want to make one of these now.:) I am a little confused about your modifications, but I will try my best to figure them out.

Great job on your build Jander6442. :beer: :worthy:

Thanks Iskor, those words mean allot I will get some water-shots when I can... I'll post them here.

The build modifications are simple when cutting out the back of the mod carefully measure to the back of the lens on the head of that unit. Then use that grommet
press in the head...that makes the thing focusable by grabbing the lens crown on the mod.

I will get eventually a tighter adjusting lens assembly for less twisting for adjustment.

For now though I could be more happy how this little unit can out I also have a LOC unit that will simply burn like madddd LOL!!!.

16.00 for host
23.00 for driver
09.99 for diode
02.50 for module
02.34 for battery
00.90 for grommets
00.30 for spring in tailcap.

$55.03 US for this build... next the thing is due for a 6x w/ a exotic lens.

actually i have the green version of this one.. using an o-like 150mw module. i did reinforced its waterproofing by adding an additional o-ring to all its connection sides including the glass area at the head of the rayfoss host. now mine can go 10meters deep...

i tested my when we went swimming in our beach here..

im leaving just beside the coastlines of western mindanao Philippines.

I wasn't thinking of the ocean... the salt water and all. It would stand it I know just can't bring myself to put my lasers thru that abuse. Nice suggestion on the doubling of the o-ring though I think I'll look into that for safety purposes.

dont worry, talking from me who lives like 100 meters away from the beach coastlines, i really did put my waterproof laser to that test.. and it works... hehehhe. every night i even go up to the light house to shine my lasers there... anyway that lighthouse was already converted to a view center... so people often go there....

Nice Mod!
Where did you buy all those parts that fitted the RayFoss host?

yeah, I need links plox. I might want to build this.

lokk at the pics... it a Aixiz mod that has been tailsprung. The measurements are not that tolerant...

It's a PHR run at 150 mA w/ a flex V4 driver and Aixiz module

the only other thing that I've added is like it says in the tute... A rubber grommet trimmed as needed and a couple springs to turn the host into case neg. Have a nice day and thanks for asking.:thanks: