Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

405-G-1 on green laser - Why not?

Dont know if this has been done before, just thought Id throw it out their...
I had a bare 405-G-1 lense laying around and the lens on my 100mw techlasers is pretty crappy, lots of scatter poor focus. I don't use this laser much so I swapped out the lens for the G-1. This required the removal of one lens and then I had to flip the other. Using some JB weld I fused an O-Like housing onto the flipped lens which was glued directly onto the laser module, and then cemented a washer at just the right distance away from the original flipped lens. On top of the washer I put the G-1. The laser has a very clean beam now and even though its not quite the correct wavelength I feel that it has slightly more power. Interesting experiment that proves a G-1 has almost limitless applications on the forum, thanks Jay :bowdown:
:crackup:

It lights matches now, and it didnt in the past, probably because of the poor lens, so theres an improvement. Actually I think the milliwat readings are about the same but just because it is a clean dot and all of the energy is directed to the same place it is able to burn more. But this as u pointed out is just speculation. ;)

Edit: I'm not suggesting that people start ripping lenses out of their green lasers, just that it is possible if you have a spare G-1 and an old poorly lensed laser.

Last edited:
Ill try, I need a new memory stick for my camera though, so it might be a little while.

Glad to hear it works. allthough without a reading from a lpm we don't know if it made an increase. Though a cleaner lens will produce significantly more power than a dirty one, I feel this is the reason you seem to get more power. Also you may be getting more ir. There's too many things to say what could be happening.

I wish I could test it on an lpm, but even if I had one the old lens was scratched on removal so no real comparison could be made. The point wasn't really for more power anyway, just to clean up the dot a bit.