Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

400mw spartan and CR123A batts

hi guys, this is a weird one , ive just gone through my second set of sanyo advance lithium II 3v batteries now both sets of batts ive drained until no light is emitted right.
now i get ONE brand new battery and do a test run with the 4 supposed flat batterys one at a time pairing one flat and one new battery ,with both sets ive noticed the following, 2 of the flats run with a brand new batt emit no light so youd think yep one new one flat it wont work but with the other 2 the laser is putting out full power(to the naked eye).
so it seems that twice in a row the spartan is somehow draining one battery to death and leaving the other seemingly with plenty of juice in it.
whats up with that?i bought all the batts at the same time and all are use by 2020.

This isn't actually that unusual. Even a slight difference between the batteries can leave one substantially more-drained than the other. That's part of the reason why every package of batteries says not to mix different battery types, manufacturers, or new and old batteries.