Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

400mw green lasers

Price is okay. Not any more or any less than the price for those lasers.

But more importantly, have you checked one of the units for its power output :) If you can verify it's a good quality laser, then it's a good deal, otherwise it's just another one of the questionable deals sites out there offer :)

Dude, you CAN'T sell lasers if you don't have an LPM. It's just not right. What if your 400mWs were actually putting out 200mW? You might sell a few then someone with an LPM will want their money back and label you a scammer. You don't want that.

feijoa

i trust my vendor and have had no problems like that yet

but i will be looking for a metre now :p

daguin

feijoa said:
i trust my vendor and have had no problems like that yet

but i will be looking for a metre now :p

I trusted my first wife too. Get a high quality meter or make friends with somebody who has one.

Peace,
dave

Seems these days too many laser companies will list their lasers by their "Peak" power, or the hightest reading they get. Problem is peak power only lasts a few seconds if that. Most of your buyers are going to want to know the average power, not the peak power. It is definitely better to have a meter to make sure before selling them:)

VillageIdiot said:
Dude, you CAN'T sell lasers if you don't have an LPM. It's just not right. What if your 400mWs were actually putting out 200mW? You might sell a few then someone with an LPM will want their money back and label you a scammer. You don't want that.
lol but DX does it.

btw where can i get a good priced meter? i dont even know what the price ranges are. ive been thinking about getting one for a while now, but i most likely cant afford it..

mikeeey said:
lol but DX does it.

DX is exempt from everything.

If you're lucky, you can get a nice meter and thermopile head for $200. Your Coherent laser meters start at $600 for the LaserCheck I think.

VillageIdiot said:
[quote author=mikeeey link=1213930748/0#7 date=1214035965]
lol but DX does it.

DX is exempt from everything.

If you're lucky, you can get a nice meter and thermopile head for $200. Your Coherent laser meters start at $600 for the LaserCheck I think. [/quote]
damn why cant it be something i pick up at radioshack for $9.99??

daguin

mikeeey said:
If you're lucky, you can get a nice meter and thermopile head for $200. Your Coherent laser meters start at $600 for the LaserCheck I think.

damn why cant it be something i pick up at radioshack for $9.99??

Because then EVERYBODY would have one . . .and we don't really like you that much :p

Peace,
dave