Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

400-500mW greens O-Like or Lazerer

I'm looking at high powered greens and was curious what the hive's consensus was.

I get the general sense that Lazerer with their option for a power certificate etc. has put them a bit over O-like in the customer service/product quality in the collective opinion of LPF right now.

I'm looking at these two lasers...

LZSK - 532nm 400mW Green Laser Pointer w/ Case + Goggles is rated <400mW for $259.99 Battery/Charger not included.

Powerful Crown upgrade 500mW green laser torch/waterproof [OL-532-500] - $269.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce >450mW for $269.99 battery and charger included.

I've read lots of posts about stability and actual output on the first sub-$300 O-Like >400mW greens, but they've changed host bodies/models a few times over the past year, and was wondering if anyone has input on both models above.

On paper, the O-Like seems to be the better deal, but I was looking for anyone with actual experience.

Last edited:

jimdt7

Last month i bought that crown from o-like, it peaked at 731mW and stabilizes at 650mW.
You can see the chart on my signature.

Jim

honeyx

Actually buying at o-like is like playing at lottery. You might be a lucky one by getting a on spec or even way overspec laser, or you can get something that is way underspec like already happened to many of us.

That´s because O-like doesn´t measure the output of the lasers they are getting.

Simply said some people do have more luck in getting a "good one" from o-like than others. So if you are one of the "others", you better buy at lazerer and pay the extra 2 dollars for a certificate. O-like might be a bit cheaper but if you have to ship a underspec laser back, it finally will turn into a more expensive task than buying directly at lazerer.

p1ns

I have that one from lazerer and I am happy with it, I'm a newbie so I can't compare with other lasers.

Actually buying at o-like is like playing at lottery. You might be a lucky one by getting a on spec or even way overspec laser, or you can get something that is way underspec like already happened to many of us.

That´s because O-like doesn´t measure the output of the lasers they are getting.

Simply said some people do have more luck in getting a "good one" from o-like than others. So if you are one of the "others", you better buy at lazerer and pay the extra 2 dollars for a certificate. O-like might be a bit cheaper but if you have to ship a underspec laser back, it finally will turn into a more expensive task than buying directly at lazerer.

Couldn't put it better.:wave:

100% agree with honeyx, although maybe o-like is changing.

Would still advise going with lazerer for the time being because as of right now, the last order I placed with lazerer on the 3rd, is waiting for me at the post office.

The order I placed with o-like on the first of the month is still processing:(

I have mixed feelings about this, since I was told by Susie the shipment was being delayed because the laser is not up to spec... so maybe they are finally metering all lasers, but that still doesn't excuse not shipping an order for over two weeks. I was actually promised that it would go out monday... considering it's already friday in china, and I doubt it will go out today/tomorrow, it means I might not have the laser for another 2-3 weeks.

Mine has been stuck on 'Processing', but I read some posts saying that never even gets updated, even after its delivered. I've been waiting for about a week and a bit less than IE.

If they don't have up to spec lasers like they thought they did and have to cancel orders, then at least they're being honest instead of sending them out anyway.

IE how long are you going to wait until cancelling your order? 28-30th?

Assuming I don't get it in the meantime...

Day 40 I will ask o-like to refund me in full.

Day 43 if I don't have a refund I'm opening a dispute for non delivery.

JADWY

100% agree with honeyx, although maybe o-like is changing.

Would still advise going with lazerer for the time being because as of right now, the last order I placed with lazerer on the 3rd, is waiting for me at the post office.

The order I placed with o-like on the first of the month is still processing:(

I have mixed feelings about this, since I was told by Susie the shipment was being delayed because the laser is not up to spec... so maybe they are finally metering all lasers, but that still doesn't excuse not shipping an order for over two weeks. I was actually promised that it would go out monday... considering it's already friday in china, and I doubt it will go out today/tomorrow, it means I might not have the laser for another 2-3 weeks.

Did you know that Lazerer will only refund 30% of your purchase price if it gets stuck at customs? That is why I did not order any laser from them. I already had 2 lasers confiscated by customs. 1st one, I had to fight via visa card (they gave me the refund, seller did nothing), 2nd one, WL (hated by most, sent me a replacement).
So be careful of what or where you order!

Did you know that Lazerer will only refund 30% of your purchase price if it gets stuck at customs? That is why I did not order any laser from them. I already had 2 lasers confiscated by customs. 1st one, I had to fight via visa card (they gave me the refund, seller did nothing), 2nd one, WL (hated by most, sent me a replacement).
So be careful of what or where you order!

Actually lazerer is very upfront about this issue, and the 30% refund policy is news to me.

Before the policy was always that there is no refund if laser is confiscated by customs.

However Max does always work with people on how to mark the packages, so afaik there haven't been any issues with his shipments yet.

Rayfoss has a 50% refund policy. O-like doesn't have a clear policy in place at all.

WL might have resent you the laser... but I highly doubt it's up to spec.

JADWY

Actually lazerer is very upfront about this issue, and the 30% refund policy is news to me.

Before the policy was always that there is no refund if laser is confiscated by customs.

However Max does always work with people on how to mark the packages, so afaik there haven't been any issues with his shipments yet.

Rayfoss has a 50% refund policy. O-like doesn't have a clear policy in place at all.

WL might have resent you the laser... but I highly doubt it's up to spec.

I was going to order from Lazerer until I had 2 of my lasers confiscated by Canada Customs. I didn't want to lose another laser to them so I went with WL, 100% refund or reshipment. Yes I know WL lasers might be under spec, but I liked the 100% duty cycle. I did lot of research before I made my decision. To lot of people, 100% duty cycle might not mean much, but I found that to be handy. Last thing you want to do is warm up the laser, and then shut it down because it's too hot. I'll wait till Lanzerer's refund policy gets better, like 90% - 100% before I buy one. Same goes for other companies. Canada customs love lasers now. Anything marked as laser, gets inspected and confiscated, even though the government did not make any new laws nor approved custom's actions.

honeyx

I was going to order from Lazerer until I had 2 of my lasers confiscated by Canada Customs. I didn't want to lose another laser to them so I went with WL, 100% refund or reshipment. Yes I know WL lasers might be under spec, but I liked the 100% duty cycle. I did lot of research before I made my decision. To lot of people, 100% duty cycle might not mean much, but I found that to be handy. Last thing you want to do is warm up the laser, and then shut it down because it's too hot. I'll wait till Lanzerer's refund policy gets better, like 90% - 100% before I buy one. Same goes for other companies. Canada customs love lasers now. Anything marked as laser, gets inspected and confiscated, even though the government did not make any new laws nor approved custom's actions.

I´m not sure where you bought your lasers, but common companies like lazerer do not mark them as lasers. Refunding a laser in such a case is a nice service, but that´s probably also why WL is so expensive.

I for myself had no bad experiences with WL, simply because I never bought anything from them.

However the customs are indeed a problem. It´s just the risk is yours and not the problem of the comapanies. All you need to incrase your chances is to be more tricky than the customs are and to find a company who for example agrees to send a costly laser in parts.

I already had a laser from InfinitusEquitas at customs, but we were tricky and finally they had to let me go with the laser.

As far we are talking about lazerer, all items I ordered there came directly to me without the customs wanting me to come at their office. Even the 400mW one with case, googles battery and charger.

What lasers were confiscated? Specifically sent by what company?

About the 100% duty cycle... that's not exactly the case (seems like that's always the situation with WL) they don't use much heatsinking, but do put in gobs of thermal paste. The end result is the host itself doesn't really work that great. Tons of lasers with better heatsinking out there. You shouldn't have a problem on low, but on high, ~5 minutes is safe, past that... well... it's your diode.

Sucks about the seizures. Chances are they will justify them somehow retroactively. Don't expect the refund terms in case of seizure to change. What you could do though, is ask to have the items shipped in separate packages, partially disassembled.

uhmm, if you paid with your credit card, the wouldnt the protection they give be 100% refund? (like what you did)

Well, I hate not only Canada custom , but also Canada post.....Now the CP check trucking's web is not woring.
Anyway, my last laser from WL didn't have problem with custom, but I worry because I want to buy a laser from Survival Laser.

Last edited:
If your buying all the parts to build a laser but not an assembled one you should be good to go. The reasoning behind this is because separately the parts each have an individual purpose. The battery could be the only problem as its never great to send batteries in the mail.