Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

40% off this 1W 445nm $100 laser pretty good deal

I was browsing through aliexpress, been a few days I have been checking everyday, I was looking for a 1W blue laser that comes with glasses and aluminum case, today I came across this Aliexpress.com : Buy High Power 1000MW blue laser pointer+5 * laser heads of flashlight+ glasses+Battery+Gift box from Reliable 1000W blue laser pointer suppliers on Shenzhen Scoda Tech Co., Ltd.
it is $100 with shipping included, and as for power, if not 1W it would be pretty close to 1W I have bought a similar one previously and the power was good, I am going to order this tonight, but by the time I get it and check its power using the lpm I will be getting soon the sale will be over.But in my opinion this isnt rediculous like a 1000mW advertised green, it makes sense and is most likely true. Once I check it and if it is not 900+mW I will simply dispute and return it at sellers expense.

i think he means he can do it for $40 but i dont think the average buyer/builder can.....DTR's bare M140 diode is $45 alone!

HERE

PotMod

i think he means he can do it for $40 but i dont think the average buyer/builder can.....DTR's bare M140 diode is $45 alone!

HERE

Well I want something better than 200mw I have like $60 what could I get? I saw a 1mw for $80.

Well I want something better than 200mw I have like $60 what could I get? I saw a 1mw for $80.

You could buy the follow components:

- Module and lens: DIY Laser Module Host for TO18 5 6mm Laser Diode w H 3 Elements Glass 445nm Lens | eBay $5.39

- Diode: 445nm M140 blue laser diode - $49.99 : Cajunlasers Store $50

- Heat sink: C6 Black Anodized Heat Sink only - $5.99 : Cajunlasers Store $5.99

- Host: C6 DIY Cree LED Flashlight Full Casing/Shell with Driver Pill (2*CR123A/1*18650) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme $10.80

Driver: Mohgasm 1.25A 16mm Round linear driver circuit [MOHR1.25] - $10.99 : Cajunlasers Store $10.99 (Buying from cajunlasers and not Mohgasm to save shipping :))

Shipping: Cajunlasers: $6.99

Total: $90.16 shipped.

That will pretty much be one of the cheapest 1-1.3W lasers you can build (unless u go and make a really diy build). If you want higher current you could buy the driver from Mohgasm instead and choose a higher current.

As an alternativ you could wait for mohgasm JAD kit and use a little more to get a focus adapter and get a lot of it premade by Mohrenberg

Last edited:
You could buy the follow components:

- Module and lens: DIY Laser Module Host for TO18 5 6mm Laser Diode w H 3 Elements Glass 445nm Lens | eBay $5.39

- Diode: 445nm M140 blue laser diode - $49.99 : Cajunlasers Store $50

- Heat sink: C6 Black Anodized Heat Sink only - $5.99 : Cajunlasers Store $5.99

- Host: C6 DIY Cree LED Flashlight Full Casing/Shell with Driver Pill (2*CR123A/1*18650) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme $10.80

Driver: Mohgasm 1.25A 16mm Round linear driver circuit [MOHR1.25] - $10.99 : Cajunlasers Store $10.99 (Buying from cajunlasers and not Mohgasm to save shipping :))

Shipping: Cajunlasers: $6.99

Total: $90.16 shipped.

That will pretty much be one of the cheapest 1-1.3W lasers you can build (unless u go and make a really diy build). If you want higher current you could buy the driver from Mohgasm instead and choose a higher current.

As an alternativ you could wait for mohgasm JAD kit and use a little more to get a focus adapter and get a lot of it premade by Mohrenberg

plus most importantly, safety glasses, these high power lasers shouldnt be handled without those, and batteries and charger, :D also I bought similar items, except module was with leads and lens, however I bought a dx 1.25A driver for only $2, I totaled to ~$130 (with g2), but should take me 5mins to build only have to do 3 solders driver to brass ring, and the + and - from diode to driver.
and according to the dtr graph for m140, I should get around 1.6W

The one for $86 with shipping, I purchased it, and have it, personally I liked the design of the first link better, its around $14 more, that one is still on its way to me, once I get it, and then once I get my lpm I will be testing them, most likely both of these to get an accurate measure of power.

dont hold your breathe on them being up to spec. have heard some bad things about lasers sold on aliexpress and their power outputs

dont hold your breathe on them being up to spec. have heard some bad things about lasers sold on aliexpress and their power outputs

Yeah thats why I buy from reputed sellers, who wont just disappear, the one I have from aliexpress has a "similar" beam and power to my c6 m140 at 1.25A with a dot at infinity, and the c6 for some reason has like curved lines around it using 3 element lens. Once I get my lpm I will check output exactly since by looking at the beam isnt enough and the dot it too bright without glasses.
Also if anything is wrong, I can always file a case, and send item back at sellers expense.

curved lines are called "wings" use the search bar to find out more about them