Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

4 Kryton Grooves

I have 4 Kryton Grooves for sale, left over from the Group buy (so they're genuine!) All 4 will include a focus adaptor custom fit to the host.

IMG_20110702_231738.jpg

These are unfinished, no anodizing or polishing. I did do some slight sanding while they were in the lathe to make them easier to anodize or polish. They could be left as they are now, in fact I planned on leaving them that way myself.

All of the proper o-rings are in place, one for the focus adapter to take the play out, and two for the threaded connections on the body. The proper spacer for the switch is included as well. I'll also send a GITD clicky switch cover as well.
You'll need one of these switches,
$1.94 - Clicky Switch for Flashlights (16mm 5-Pack) - Flashlight Parts and Tools

And one of these snap rings to finish a build.
Retaining Ring,int,bore Dia 20mm
You should be able to find one at a local hardware store for a few dimes.

I've got a few parts to help finish your build as well,

I have two flexdrives, both brand new. I'm asking $20 for each with a groove purchase.

I also have two Aixiz 445 glass lenses, $8 each (with a groove!)

I also found my stash of 445 diodes, (The ones I put in a special place so I wouldn't loose them, I just found them last week...)
I'll include a A140 diode for $40 with a groove, $45 if you would like it pressed into the Groove head. I won't sell my diodes without a Groove so please don't ask!

I'm looking to get $55 shipped for each Groove, I'll have them in the mail on it's way to you the day after I receive a payment. I only accept Google checkout, no Paypal (Sorry!)

You should assemble the grooves (switch) and just sell them as bundled kits. Everything you need to build a kryton 445nm.

I would order some switches, but it would take them a month to get here. I hate shipping from china!

Two of the Groove's are accounted for as well as both flexdrives, I still have 445 diodes and glass lenses though!

My grooves just showed up in my mailbox. :D

They look great! I have been wanting a groove or any of Kenoms hosts to play with for a very long time. It seems everyone holds on to them. :)

Oh, just out of curiosity, did you turn out the focus adapters, or are they kenom's?

daguin

My grooves just showed up in my mailbox. :D

They look great! I have been wanting a groove or any of Kenoms hosts to play with for a very long time. It seems everyone holds on to them. :)

Oh, just out of curiosity, did you turn out the focus adapters, or are they kenom's?

He did the machine work for the last batch of Kryton Grooves

He turned the entire batch for Kenom ;)

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
Great price for such an amazing piece of work. Btw, mister Pontiac, you need to clean your keyboard some day :evil:

daguin

Also, Anselm should have some "beefed up" switches available for these.

The stock switches (from DX) cannot carry the current needed by the high powered 445nm diodes

Peace,
dave

Trevor

How many are left? I'm contemplating one or two. :)

-Trevor