Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3D lasers!  :D

lazed

laser_freak said:
[quote author=darklandz link=1210813582/0#14 date=1210894524]amazing work!
be sure to add an RPL and Herc to that list if you have time  :D

Lazed and I did create an RPL, but the render just made it look bad.  We tried adjusting the lighting, the reflections, everything, we just couldn't get the render to look right.  By the way, if you didn't already know, lazed and I are friends (we live 4 miles from each other) .  He did create all of the other 3d stuff, but I did the RPL.  Unfortunately, lasers with the shape of the RPL or Herc just plainly don't look right. :'(  It's a shame too cuz I spent FOREVER trying to get the render to look right. :mad:

PS:  Sorry to hijack your thread lazed, but I'd figure I'd answer cuz I knew the answer.[/quote]

Well ya it's not the body design it's the color. Flat black is not pretty when you render it in 3d. There is nothing special to it. If the RPLs were shiny then they would look nice and pretty, like the aquarius. Anyway, I have done a new version of the aquarius and have posted it down below. Thanks!!

PS: I should be having an animation vid up soon, so stay tuned!

aquarius.png

thanks!

Things

Re: 3D lasers!  :D

maybe add abit of blurr around the edge of the beam, otherwise it has a pretty neat beam :p

Maybe add some speckle on the table below aswell?

Switch

Nice.Only bad thing is that it reminds me of the TL infiniti 2 ad. :p Maybe TL will steal your clip and use it to advertise their non existing infiniti 3: blue burning laser. :-/

lazed

pseudolobster said:
[quote author=lazed link=1210813582/15#23 date=1211059719][quote author=Dr. Evil link=1210813582/15#20 date=1211054609]Do you have a download link?

Here ya go http://www.3hreeD.com/LaserRenders/AquariusAnimation.zip

thanks,
lazed[/quote]

whoops, you beat me to it.. serves me right for leaving this window open ten minutes before replying :p[/quote]

Ya, It's my fault in the first place for not providing a direct download link.

Switch said:
[quote author=pwnstar link=1210813582/15#27 date=1211307846]Im not sure how this works, but could you do the V2 Kenom barrels? lol
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1204788577/0#0

We are trying to decide what color would look better anodized black or grey. With black rubber inserts along the side
Wouldn't those affect heatsinking? :-/ And doesn't kenom already have a 3d model of his V2 barrel?[/quote]

The rubber inserts are not on the head of the barrel only 4 along the sides. That wont affect heat sinking
and yes kenom does have 3D modles of the barrel, Im not sure who made them but they are great! =P Im just asking maybe we can get a 3D model closer to what the finished product will look like, regarding color and stuff.

Brodi

Re: 3D lasers!  :D

once I get my laser, I plan on taking it apart and modeling it to a 1:1 scale in Autodesk Inventor.