Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

300mW needs goggles?

Does my friend need goggles for his 300mW green laser?

If so where does he order from because he is in Australia where they are strict with laser related items.

duzy

YES you need safety glasses.
And NO, australia is only strict on complete laser pointers that exceed 1mW.

They will not confiscate the safety eye wear, or incomplete laser pointers.
I got mine from Here
I recommend getting Eagle Pair® 190-540nm & 900-1700nm Laser Safety Goggles because green will have infrared.

Last edited:
YES you need safety glasses.
And NO, australia is only strict on complete laser pointers that exceed 1mW.

They will not confiscate the safety eye wear, or incomplete laser pointers.
I got mine from Here
I recommend getting Eagle Pair® 190-540nm & 900-1700nm Laser Safety Goggles because green will have infrared.

Can I IM you on skype about shipping laser stuff to Australia on skype since you are a fellow Aussie?

Can I IM you on skype about shipping laser stuff to Australia on skype since you are a fellow Aussie?

Thought your thread was about getting a pair of safety goggles for a friend, not getting info on shipping laser stuff to Oz? Also, why would you need to skype him, when we have a perfectly functioning PM system in place on the forums? Call me paranoid, but if I were an Ozzie I certainly wouldn't trust info like that to a new member... :undecided:

The frequencies need to be watching out for are 532nm and 1064nm. Keep that in mind when you buy your pair.

He really does, anything over 5mW can severly damage his eyes or even blind him.